Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Article about: Hi Guys, As some of you are aware, I've been dropping hints on the forum that I was expecting a big ticket purchase from the States whilst not divulging what it was. Well, it got here this m

mpw
    ?

Certainly is outstanding. Is there any records to how many were awarded and to whom?

Mark.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Hi Mark,

I believe there's no firm records of either how many and to whom, although some recipients are known. I've been told on another forum that they are outnumbered by RK's by at least 50 to 1, but again, I can't confirm that either.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Wow nice badge to add to the other, can see the quality
    i seen one of these on Wikipedia , must of cost alot, would like to see your collection have you posted it on this forum
    Martin

Hi Ned

Just seen this and what can I say! A real stunner and a classy addition to your already outstanding collection of awards!
    Whats next on the list then?!

Cheers for showing.
    Cameron

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's not in the family photo yet Trond!!

The badge is currently residing in a fireproof safe, as the biscuit tin under the bed is full, insurance is pending, my faithfull friends Baron and Jake are roaming the grounds and only then shall I turn to the trusted team of Messrs Holland & Holland and Eley Alphamax+ who are omnipotent over all.....

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned

Just curious really when I ask how do you store the badge when it is in the safe, if you dont mind me asking? Do you use archival grade envelopes etc or something else?

All the best
    Cameron

An excellent pick up-and in beautiful condition! These badges were infamous for their loss of finish-this one is top shelf! Now...where's that 100?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Cameron Stockton View Post
    Hi Ned

Just curious really when I ask how do you store the badge when it is in the safe, if you dont mind me asking? Do you use archival grade envelopes etc or something else?

All the best
    Cameron
    Hi Cam,

Most of my badges are wrapped in acid free tissue paper and kept in those plastic boxes that you get from MB Militaria and other dealers when buying medals and such. They have an inner compartment, and I sometimes put a small silica bag in the outer part through personal choice. I also had an "Envirovent" ventilation system fitted last year in the office that whilst not cheap, keeps everything at a nice damp free level regardless of temperature change. So far I've never had a problem with my badges or blades getting the "dreaded lurgy".....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4