MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My new Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - is it real and who made it (unmarked)?

Article about: Hi All, I picked up this badge recently, and was wondering if anyone could provide info on it - like if a period piece and maker. Thanks in advance! Sorry about the sideways pics - how to fi

Default My new Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - is it real and who made it (unmarked)?

Hi All,

I picked up this badge recently, and was wondering if anyone could provide info on it - like if a period piece and maker. Thanks in advance!
    Sorry about the sideways pics - how to fix that? See any zinc pest? TIA.

My new Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  - is it real and who made it (unmarked)?My new Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  - is it real and who made it (unmarked)?
    My new Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  - is it real and who made it (unmarked)?My new Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  - is it real and who made it (unmarked)?
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-08-2017 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Edited to orient photos correctly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  - is it real and who made it (unmarked)?
    P
    Many

A good period badge with a repaired/replaced catch IMO. Best regards.

Brian

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum. Don't have my reference material with me at the moment so I can't be 100% certain at this moment but from a gut feel I think it's a good one. Catch may have been repaired or maybe just original excess soldering.

If no one come forth, I can take a look in a day when I return home and give you more feedback.

If there is any zinc pest, put a very light coat of Vaseline on it for a couple of days and gently wipe the excess off.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Well Brian...looks like our posts crossed....lol
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Well Brian...looks like our posts crossed....lol
    Great minds Michael, great minds brother. Lol. U still got me in the looks department I guess??

Quote by mjm1965 View Post
    Hi All,

Sorry about the sideways pics - how to fix that? See any zinc pest? TIA.
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    If you wish to receive the help of this forum, please read this thread and make the attempt to figure out how to post your photos properly.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    I have already corrected the photos on your other thread and I do not desire to continue doing this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks guys. Any ideas as to when the catch might have been repaired? If it was postwar I might feel like I should have been told that before I bought it. Still, I like the piece and will keep it.

Hi Ralph,

Sorry about that - I won't post again until I figure it out. Thanks.

If I'm seeing the pictures correctly? The catch looks brass, and appears to have verdigris on it which would indicate it was done some time ago IMO possibly done in period.

Brian

My new Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  - is it real and who made it (unmarked)?

If I'm seeing the pictures correctly? The catch looks brass, and appears to have verdigris on it which would indicate it was done some time ago IMO possibly done in period.

Brian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast