Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help with Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?

Article about: Hi guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I Need help again with this one. Want to hear your opinions . Is it a real one???

Default Need Help with Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?

Hi guys,

I Need help again with this one. Want to hear your opinions .

Is it a real one???
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-26-2014 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Edited title to use proper German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help with Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?
    P
    Many

Lacking in detail I feel . ( could be wrong )

Wait for others to comment ,

The Dealer says it is an original A.Rettenmeier Badge

Hi nico,

I don't know where the idea that this is an Assmann badge came from tbh. It's actually a recently redefined 'unknown maker' that has been pinned down as being the firm of Alois Rettenmaier. The design is about the largest General Assault Badge made during the TR period.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

O.k. thanks for your help. So it`s better to wait for an Badge with makers mark.

It's up to you. This badge is big, it stands out by it's size alone, but the details of the design are rather coarse compared to other badges mm'd or not. Plus the fact that the finish is a plain, stone grey wash that was applied after construction, and is rather unremarkable in appearance. If you want to add a nice piece that will stand the test of time within the collecting community, go for a tombak one with as much original finish as possible. Even somewhat worn they hold their own against most zinc badges imo.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

is there any more detail pictures?

It's indeed an original Rettenmeier ASA, the maker went unknown for a long while. But more and more proof of their fairly prolific award manufacture is emerging. I have an example, posted here somewhere I've had for years. Stewy

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi nico,

I don't know where the idea that this is an Assmann badge came from tbh. It's actually a recently redefined 'unknown maker' that has been pinned down as being the firm of Alois Rettenmaier. The design is about the largest General Assault Badge made during the TR period.

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned, it most likely is the largest. But not the heaviest. Stewy

its ok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast