Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help with Assmann Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: I want to buy the Ground Assault Badge with the Assmann makers mark you can see on the photo. Is it original??Is the Price with 130 € ok?

Default Need Help with Assmann Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

I want to buy the Ground Assault Badge with the Assmann makers mark you can see on the photo.

Is it original??Is the Price with 130 € ok?
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-22-2014 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help with Assmann Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

anybody there who could help with this Badge?

The lack of any sign (to my eyes anyway) of the seven circular markings made by the ejector pins on the Assmann 'numbered mould' series concerns me. Maybe they're there but only just visible, but the photo is not close/good enough to pick them out? Other than that I don't know what to say other than let it pass until a more acceptable piece comes along. Below is the entire series of 'numbered mould' badges made by Assmann, reverse side only.

Regards, Ned.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned than I better wait for the next one

You could always ask the vendor for better pic's. It may be fine, as the set up and obverse look o.k., it's worth a try. BTW, the price is a bit high, but typical for dealers.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

From just those pics I'm dubious. Price is good for an original. And as Ned says hardware and obverse aren't too bad. More detailed pics would be needed before I'd shell out 130euros. Stewy

Default Need Help with Ground Assaullt Badge

Sorry but I had Problems to open the old Thread so I must open a new one....

Now I get closer Picture from the Dealer. Is it a original Assmann Ground Assault Badge or Fake??

For what is the 1 on the Badge??

Hi nico,

Thanks for the new pic's. On the evidence of these I wouldn't touch it though. The rear of the badge just does not match known originals of the 'Mould 1' Assmann Sturmabzeichen, it even appears to show signs of casting and much hand finishing on the reverse. My advice would be let it go.

Here's the other thread with reverse shots of the entire Assmann stable of Sturmabzeichen, including this purported 'Mould 1' badge, the negatives outweigh the positives imo.

Regards, Ned.

I have merged the two threads together.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, I agree with Ned, the left side of the reverse shows a very un-even surface that is evidence of casting. I would not touch this one. Leon.