Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Pick Up: RK III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Article about: Hey Guys, Here's a new addition to my collection as of this week, it's a nice Grade III GAB by Rudolf Karneth. It's a very impressive piece in hand, with it's massive wreath and large, fierc

Default New Pick Up: RK III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Hey Guys,

Here's a new addition to my collection as of this week, it's a nice Grade III GAB by Rudolf Karneth. It's a very impressive piece in hand, with it's massive wreath and large, fierce looking eagle! The weight is 37g and it's considerably larger than a normal Grade 1 piece. I have to be honest and say that this almost put's my numbered PAB's in the shade, it's got that much presence.

It took a long time before I took the step of purchasing a numbered General Assault Badge, as a lot of research was required to hopefully make sure I wasn't buying a pup. These are faked to an alarmingly high degree of accuracy, but I believe that all of the time spent researching these awards has paid off for me here as regards to picking up this particular badge for a very good price, as the vendor was not sure if it was the real deal or not and priced it accordingly. I snapped it up within a couple of hours of it being listed.

I've still yet to have it vetted by the guys in the know, so i'm still a little trepidatious, but thought I would throw it out there for all your thoughts and opinions which would be appreciated.

Regards, Ned.

New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Pick Up: RK  III Stufe (50) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.
    P
    Many

I cannot comment on its authenticity Ned, but it looks the part and if anyone on this forum knows, you would be one of them that does.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    I cannot comment on its authenticity Ned, but it looks the part and if anyone on this forum knows, you would be one of them that does.
    Thanks Jerry,

I've been taking a lot more interest in these particular badges lately, and I feel it's a good one, but there's still that 1% doubt when it's your call and there's something that slightly 'niggles'. In this case it's the number plate being so low in the number box, ( it's actually fixed to the bottom edge). I'm hoping that it's just a production glitch, and that the thing hasn't been replaced. I've got 14 days grace on the badge though, and have posted it elsewhere just now, and sent an email to another collector who really knows these right down to the last detail, so fingers crossed......

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Oh my goodness, Ned is on the roll!
    How many to go before you have all the numbered badges?
    Wish I could have that kind of budget for one.

Regards
    HOW

I know bugger all about These Ned but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!...

Hi Ned!
    I don't really study these but this one has a lot of the things I would look for if I were searching for one of these.
    Besides, you are one of the people that I would contact if I were in the market for one. I think your feelings on the date plate are correct.
    Congrats in adding this one to your collection!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hi Ned!
    I don't really study these but this one has a lot of the things I would look for if I were searching for one of these.
    Besides, you are one of the people that I would contact if I were in the market for one. I think your feelings on the date plate are correct.
    Congrats in adding this one to your collection!
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph,

I'm hoping that's right about the number plate being a factory error. Otherwise some might think that they have been made to pay more for a higher grade by dint of some bugger replacing the '25' with a '50', it's not small change I can tell you. I confess that at the time of buying it, I never noticed the plate being lower in the box than is the norm to the extent of it going over the edge of the box frame so to speak! It was only when I had it in hand that it became apparent, so now i'm waiting for the yea or nay on it, as it will be going back pronto if the concensus is it's not original to the badge.

Regards, Ned.

it's your call Ned.you give me doubts now.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    it's your call Ned.you give me doubts now.
    I'm sure in my own mind the badge itself is good. The question really is has it been buggered with by the changing or adding to it, of the number plate. A '25' plate is not the same as a '50'. Neither is a badge with a missing plate that's had another, off perhaps a '57 award added, and that's my concern at the moment.

For me, no issues. The number box is what I would expect. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast