Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen please look!

Article about: Hello I own these two pieces and I am trying to identify the makers if at all possible and to estalish they are legit. The Panzerkampfabzeichen has a small W under the hinge. The only maker

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen please look!

Hello

I own these two pieces and I am trying to identify the makers if at all possible and to estalish they are legit.

The Panzerkampfabzeichen has a small W under the hinge. The only maker that I can determine this might be is Wernstein. Can anyone shed any light on this. I have seen a W stamped on other badgesbut, they have been scooped back versions.

I bought this Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen without checking it out first, foolishly. The design is completely cut out around the wings and swastika. This is a design I cannot seem to find reference of elsewhere. I thought it was just the 25, 50, 75 & 100 awards that featured this design. I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen please look!   Panzerkampfabzeichen & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen please look!  

Panzerkampfabzeichen & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen please look!   Panzerkampfabzeichen & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen please look!  

Panzerkampfabzeichen & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen please look!   Panzerkampfabzeichen & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen please look!  

Last edited by booboo252; 03-27-2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: extra picture

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen please look!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen please look!

Sorry both are bad. The GAB's an attempt at a GWL style. The PAB possibly a F&R copy. Neither are original. Stewy S

thanks that unfortunate for me.

what makes them bad?

i will be contacting uk militaria where i bought them from about this

The GAB should look like this. Stewy S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen please look!   Panzerkampfabzeichen & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen please look!  

Hardware & soft detail on the PAB. Stewy S

Thanks for the replies. Great badge, shame about my own. I will get onto UK militaria about these fakes!

Has anyone else had problems and/or dealings with them.

Hi booboo, yea I had a ss medal off of them which turned out to be fake. I reckon nearly everything on their site is sold as genuine but is really repro. Stay well clear!!

Thought as much. I have emailed them and I got the response that I was expecting. 'Who said they were fakes' and 'if you ask 50 different people, you will get 50 different answers'.

I rushed out to quickly as I was getting into the hobby and didn't realise what I was buying. Only now as I have expanded my reference book collection and thanks to sites like this has it become clear they are indeed fake.

Their premises are near to me so I may go pay them a visit.

good for you booboo there are a lot of dealers out there who will try to con everyone which is a crying shame
    tom