Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or Fake Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Bronze

Article about: Hi guys, Real or fake General Assault Badge in Bronze? Many thanks, Toffster

Default Real or Fake Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Bronze

Real or Fake Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen - BronzeReal or Fake Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen - BronzeHi guys,

Real or fake General Assault Badge in Bronze?

Many thanks,

Toffster
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-15-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Bronze
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real or Fake General Assault badge - Bronze

Hello again,

Can we see a side-profile shot of the hinge?

William Kramer

Default Re: Real or Fake General Assault badge - Bronze

Hi William,

I will take some shots for you and upload so you can see.

Thanks for your interest.

David

?

Default Re: Real or Fake Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Bronze

These badges were never awarded in bronze. There was just a silver version.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Is it just my eyes or if you zoom in in certain areas like the back, bottom, left side can you see some silver wash? Could it not be bronze but instead just the base metal with the silver wash gone?

?

Let's be perfectly clear, and to clear up any misnomers there was no bronze version of this badge.
    It did not exist in a bronze version in any way shape or form, there was a silver version only.
    The badges weren't made from bronze they weren't coloured bronze, a bronze Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen did not exist.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Let's be perfectly clear, and to clear up any misnomers there was no bronze version of this badge.
    It did not exist in a bronze version in any way shape or form, there was a silver version only.
    The badges weren't made from bronze they weren't coloured bronze, a bronze Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen did not exist.
    I know this! What I am trying to say is that maybe it has this "appears" due to lack of silver finish.
    This badge doesn't even look bronze to me. It looks more rusted than anything.

?

I don't know of any material that these badges were made from that rusts. This could either be a relic that has lain in close proximity to something that has rusted or its been artificially aged.

Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

I thought there was a bronze class? I have a book by Christopher Ailsby that I have had since a kid, which states there was a bronze class though I don't expect this one to be the case. See Combat Medals of the Third Reich 1987 by Christopher Ailsby, published by Patrick Stephens Limited, page 168, and page 171. He states that little is known about this badge except it was awarded. He has one in his collection according to the book. He had "found a number of variations of maker, so the theory of faulty batch or a makers variant is disproved".

The one I have is rusted or at least pitted and quite rough. The pin is quite fragile on the back.

I assumed it was a bronze badge as it is quite dark but may have had a 'wash' on it in a past life. Though I cannot see any real evidence of it?

Could it have the wash removed due to being in the ground?

I am not trying to criticise only state what is in the book I have.

Many thanks for all answers to this post.

Toffster

?

Ailsby does not enjoy the best reputation and his credentials and information are flawed. I would not use his word as a way to authenticate genuine TR militaria.

Read post #6 again, you will not find a genuine TR Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen in bronze.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast