Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sturmabzeichen.

Article about: Hi Chaps. Picked this up the other day for peanuts, and would appreciate some help on whether its right or totally wrong. The GAB book by Frank Heukemes is so difficult to get one's hands on

Default Sturmabzeichen.

Hi Chaps.
    Picked this up the other day for peanuts, and would appreciate some help on whether its right or totally wrong.
    The GAB book by Frank Heukemes is so difficult to get one's hands on, that I have no reference for these GAB's. The badge weighs 15.25g and measures 53.5 x 43mm.
    Hope everyones having a good festive time.
    Regards
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sturmabzeichen.   Sturmabzeichen.  

Sturmabzeichen.   Sturmabzeichen.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sturmabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sturmabzeichen.

I like it only the pin is very long so not 100% sure.

I like the looks of the badge. The long pin is not unknown, so it still looks good. Hopefully an expert will chime in to verify, but I like it.

?

IMO a fake based on a Mayer/Schickle design, but the hardware, eagle's head, material are all bad.

because off the long rounded pin which is well exposed, i would also have to go with a fake.
    morris

As Roger says, the long rounded pin is not unknown, but would go with Janos's assessment.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That's what I get for being a pack rat, and liking anything that is bright and shiny! I certainly won't buy one of these without running by you all first, as I obviously don't know my Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen from the proverbial hole in the ground!

Quote by roger9344 View Post
    That's what I get for being a pack rat, and liking anything that is bright and shiny!
    That's okay Roger. It's called being a magpie, and there are many of us.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Chaps.
    Many thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.
    I have just taken my brass example from Militaria Berlin out of its display case, and the hardware is identical. The eagles heads are very close, the weight is give or take a milli gram, and both are made from brass. The example shown is just very dark with age, and has a touch of verdigris, and to be honest has crisper detail than the MB example, which I know is right.
    I've just ordered Frank Huekemes book, I'll let you know the outcome.
    But like I said, cheers for your input.
    Very much appreciated.

I may be the lone ranger here, but I actually like the badge...the reverse hardware (hook, hinge) look good to me, and the long needle isn't necessarily a red flag either...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast