Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sturmabzeichen(small makers mark)

Article about: Hello all,i have this general assault badge that has the smallest of maker marks.It is a W and i was wondering if it was made by HEINRICH WANDER,GABLONZ or another manufacturer as i'm not su

Default Sturmabzeichen(small makers mark)

Hello all,i have this general assault badge that has the smallest of maker marks.It is a W and i was wondering if it was made by HEINRICH WANDER,GABLONZ or another manufacturer as i'm not sure on this one.Any help on ID for this one would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sturmabzeichen(small makers mark)   Sturmabzeichen(small makers mark)  

Attached Images Attached Images Sturmabzeichen(small makers mark)  Sturmabzeichen(small makers mark)  Sturmabzeichen(small makers mark) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sturmabzeichen(small makers mark)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sturmabzeichen(small makers mark)

Nice original small 'W' GAB by Wurster, the zinc bubbling is typical of originals, as fakes of this badge do turn up, but lack this detail. Better pic's of the hinge and catch would be nice, but I see no problems so far.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned,just the info that i needed.

?

Wurster will be the maker as Ned says but out of curiosity, how did you arrive at Heinrich Wander?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi adrian,my reference book is a very old one in which the manufacturers list is not only incomplete,but also only has what appear to be hand drawn makers marks.The wurster section did not have a mark to compare at all and the only other W i could find was the wander.I think it's about time i invested in a more complete and accurate book!!

?

Ahh! I get you now. I could see why Wander might be associated with the 'W' makers mark, I was curious how you arrived with him considering the amount of other makers whose name starts with a W.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Her was working his way through the list, Adrian. ;-)

Tom

Quote by big ned View Post
    Nice original small 'W' GAB by Wurster, the zinc bubbling is typical of originals, as fakes of this badge do turn up, but lack this detail. Better pic's of the hinge and catch would be nice, but I see no problems so far.

Regards, Ned.
    I agree with Ned on all points.
    Nice badge!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)