Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sturmgeschutz Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hi, I am the owner of Gottfried Geissler's Knights Cross. It was an awful shame the group was broken up. If anyone has any details on how he won his RK and other photographs I would be grate

Default Re: Sturmgeschutz Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Hi,

I am the owner of Gottfried Geissler's Knights Cross. It was an awful shame the group was broken up. If anyone has any details on how he won his RK and other photographs I would be grateful to see them.

Kind regards,

Ambrose

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sturmgeschutz Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

MG53
    ?

Tihis is the 1st class Iron Cross, Iron core, flat, pin back, maker "20". Awarded to G. Geissler as Obertleutnant 3./Sturmgesch. Abt. 185 on 2 Juli 1941.
    Note: the award says Gottlieb instead Gottrfied, maybe a mistake.
    I have only the copy of the award, not the original.
    Marco
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sturmgeschutz Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen   Sturmgeschutz Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  

MG53
    ?

This is the Wound badge in gold, Tombac, maker "11", awarded to Gottfried Geissler as Oberleutnant of Sturmgeschutz-Abteilung 185 on 6 Okt. 1941 for "funfmaligen Verwundung" on 7 August 1941.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sturmgeschutz Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen   Sturmgeschutz Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  

MG53
    ?

Cufftitle Kurland owned by Gottrfied Geisserl as stated by Mr. Niemann. I have no information about this award.

Marco

MG53
    ?

Ärmelband Kurland owned by Gottrfied Geisserl as stated by Mr. Niemann. I have no information about this award.

Marco

MG53
    ?

Quote by Ambrose View Post
    Hi,

I am the owner of Gottfried Geissler's Knights Cross. It was an awful shame the group was broken up. If anyone has any details on how he won his RK and other photographs I would be grateful to see them.

Kind regards,

Ambrose
    Maybe the group was too much expensive. There were in the lot also The formal document to Knight Cross, the soldbuch, the award documents of others medals, the wound badge in silver.

I found only these references about Geissler:
    geißler (not working well)

Major Gottfried Giessler, Ace Commander! Sturmgeschutz Abteilung 185

Marco

?

Quote by MG53 View Post
    Tihis is the 1st class Iron Cross, Iron core, flat, pin back, maker "20". Awarded to G. Geissler as Obertleutnant 3./Sturmgesch. Abt. 185 on 2 Juli 1941.
    Note: the award says Gottlieb instead Gottrfied, maybe a mistake.
    I have only the copy of the award, not the original.
    Marco
    Marco apologies for my slow response and welcome to the forum. Mant thanks for posting these awards i wondered who pipped me to the post on the rest of Geisslers awards !! The badge i have is also from Detlev with a photo copy of his award certificate also , i wonder who has his documents !!

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Ambrose View Post
    Hi,

Kind regards,

Ambrose
    Welcome Ambrose !!

I agree that it is a shame that the Geissler group was broken up Sturmgeschutz groupings are very rare indeed, did you purchase the RK from Detlev ?

Would you be able to post photos of the RK ?

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Geissler won his Knights Cross for actions during the advacnce through Latvia and Estonia including on the east bank of the River Duna near Riga, Latvia , his Batterie was trapped and surrounded but held all Russian counter attacks until all four guns were destroyed and Geissler and the remains of his Batterie were able to recross the river and re join the German forces. Geissler was wounded 3 times during this action.

He was then involved in the foremost advances of the 18th Armee fighting at Koknese , Madona , Irboska , Welikaja and Todelkowo before crossing the Soviet border and advancing to Dorpat ( Tartu ) in southern Estonia

1st July 1916

Hi Paul

Many thanks for the details on the action leading to the KC award. This is great to have . I guess one good thing in splitting the collection is so many people get to enjoy a piece of history. I purchased the KC from Detlev Niemann and will be glad to post photo in a few days. Thanks also to Marco for his attachments .Has anyone a good photograph of him wearing his peaked service cap.

Regards,

Ambrose.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast