Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen

Article about: Fisher, the short answer is no, I wish I did ! Its not for the want of trying ! they are similar in design to the "Deumer" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen re cut out on rifle stock, and

Fisher, the short answer is no, I wish I did ! Its not for the want of trying ! they are similar in design to the "Deumer" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen re cut out on rifle stock, and the fastening hardware is al'a St u L, trying to I.D. one using photographs is difficult.....but the search goes on ! Maybe one day !
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen
    P
    Many

Hi Steve

Thank you for the reply.

For future reference, here is the only pic of the so-called Assmann 57er I have seen.

As we discussed on the other forum, I find the mm "A" that has been stamped into the reverse instead of the usual raised relief "A" trademark normally found on Assmann examples very puzzling. Having seen so many messed with TR examples with stamped in mm's - put on by someone trying to enhance the value makes me leery.

Another point I find perplexing...why only this one? Without being exposed to the rigors of combat, there should be a plethora of examples around (IMO) yet this is not the case?

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen   1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen  

Fischer, thanks for the image and point of view............I agree wholeheartedly on the points you raised, and to make matters worse, discussions elsewhere seem to agree that The "Assmann" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen uses mostly St u L hardware ! The badge itself you show has a St u L look to it, complete with rear bevelling ! and the pin looks suspiciously like a second pattern tapered pin and hinge assembly, used on late mid production St u L pieces !...only the "C" catch appears to be different, round rather than flat in profile..........Here's an Assmann EK I that also appears to have later St u L hardware including the bigger "C" catch.....food for thought ?
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen  

?

Thanks for all inputs to the thread, really interesting. One always learn something new on this forum.

Thanks you guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2