Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.

Article about: I am new to the WW2 collecting world and just bought a collection from my neighbors here in Germany. I have what i believe is three infantry assault badges. I am going to be posting other th

Default 3 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.

I am new to the WW2 collecting world and just bought a collection from my neighbors here in Germany. I have what i believe is three infantry assault badges. I am going to be posting other things that I bought with the collection. Tell me what you think

3 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.3 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-20-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: 3 infantry badges

I am not the most knowledgable person here, but I believe that all three of these are copies.
    Unless you know for sure, best to post photos before you buy to save yourself some money.
    Sorry,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Default Re: 3 infantry badges

Hi Brad and welcome!
    I don't know much about the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen but I do know the one marked Juncker is a poorly cast fake. As for the others - I'll let those who know comment upon them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: 3 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.

I don't like the pin on the bronze, and the catch on the one in the middle opens to the wrong side, and even if this one is real, it is repaired at best.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Stewy or fischer will know for sure but I think Schuco badges have the catch opening to the left?

Hello
    As stated, the first is a fake based on the FCL design and marked Juncker to enhance it's aesthetics.
    The second is an attributed ShuCo design with a repair to the hinge.
    The third looks to be a good Friedrich Linden marked FLL with block hinge and directly soldered "?" catch. The hinge might have a repair but close up pics would be needed to determine this.

I hope they were not too expensive.

Best Regards, fischer

?

Right on cue! Thanks Don!

Hi Guys

Just a point about the ShuCo variant. As most examples found do open to the left, this is not a factor for authenticity.

ShuCo examples are found with both left and right opening catches.

Best Regards, fischer

Fischer's correct. I think the FLL's original & not repaired. They were known for slopply soldering. Stewy

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hello
    As stated, the first is a fake based on the FCL design and marked Juncker to enhance it's aesthetics.
    The second is an attributed ShuCo design with a repair to the hinge.
    The third looks to be a good Friedrich Linden marked FLL with block hinge and directly soldered "?" catch. The hinge might have a repair but close up pics would be needed to determine this.

I hope they were not too expensive.

Best Regards, fischer
    There you go, I stand corrected. Don is the one to know.
    Sorry for my mis-information.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast