Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

7.02 Gebruder Schneider IAB

Article about: I have a question regarding the version 7.02 (as per Weber's book) Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Gebruder Schneider AG which I hope someone who is really up to speed with these awards can ass

Default 7.02 Gebruder Schneider IAB

I have a question regarding the version 7.02 (as per Weber's book) Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Gebruder Schneider AG which I hope someone who is really up to speed with these awards can assist.

Reason being I am being offered one such ground dug item by one of my Stalingrad digger contacts however i'm concerned that Weber's book lists the 7.02 (with its peculiar hinge and catch crimp design) as being late war period.

If anyone knows that the 7.02 was issued only after Jan '43 then I know this guy is trying to sell me a load of old cobblers.

Cheers
    Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 7.02 Gebruder Schneider IAB
    P
    Many

Default Re: 7.02 Gebruder Schneider IAB

Hello Glenn

I think your intuitions are correct. This guy is trying to sell you a "load of old cobblers".

These Vienna made BrĂ¼der Schneider variants are IMO a late war example and would not have been in Stalingrad at the time of capitulation.

With the zinc formed attachment for the the set up integrated into the reverse die, crimped in hinge and catch along with the cheaply done silver wash finish...when comparing this to earlier BSW examples, this says late war cost savings to me.

This is the theory I prescribe to and do not have rock solid proof. Having studied the progression of Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's from different makers including this one, the reasons I state make for a convincing argument...again my opinion.

There was a recent (couple of years back) "Hoarde" find of this variant and were found with the light/dark gray "cloud" box un-issued. At one time they were not hard to find and were almost as common as the JFS bronze packet sets. I have not seen them around this past year or so.

Here is one of the sets I have.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 7.02 Gebruder Schneider IAB   7.02 Gebruder Schneider IAB  

Default Re: 7.02 Gebruder Schneider IAB

Well said Fischer! Spot on with your info,as usual. Stewy