Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Badge and IAB

Article about: Hello! I don't typically collect much German stuff but these came along together at reasonable prices so I took the chance after some reading up on here and trying my best to compare to orig

Default Badge and IAB

Hello!

I don't typically collect much German stuff but these came along together at reasonable prices so I took the chance after some reading up on here and trying my best to compare to originals.

The NSDAP badge is M 1/62 and the bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is unmarked with a bent pin and some oxidation to the reverse. Any feedback is appreciated on these two!

Thank you,
    Johannes

Badge and IABBadge and IABBadge and IABBadge and IAB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Badge and IAB
    P
    Many

Default Re: Badge and IAB

Hello Johannes

The Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is an original and has been attributed to the firm of Juncker. Collectors did (and some still do) refer to this one as the "slim stalk" variant.

These zinc examples are often found with a brassy colored undercoating over the base material before the finish was applied. At the base of the 2L leaf and on the ribbon bow there seams to be a light colored substance remaining in the crevices. There is also light grayish patches on the reverse. Is this residual silver finish with the undercoating giving the appearance of a bronze grade?

It is difficult to tell due to the small pics; try posting your HD pics or scans in the 1100-1400 pixel range. This will help greatly in making a determination.

I am not familiar with the attributes of party badges.

Best Regards, fischer

Hi Johannes, we have a sub forum devoted to the NSDAP membership badge.

NSDAP Parteiabzeichen forum at War relics forum

Please post it there. Thanks.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Both original items! nice job!

Thank you gentlemen for your replies and assessments!

As requested, here are larger photos of the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. I'll post the party badge in the appropriate section later today- thank you Ade for the direction!

Cheers,
    Johannes

Badge and IABBadge and IAB

Hi Johannes

This one is difficult to determine. The bronze looks good but there is some type of grayish residual color on the left side of the wreath. The reverse shows patches of it as well?

I am not sure if it is a bronze grade or a silver that has been cleaned of all the silver wash.

Here is an example I have that illustrates the what I was initially referring to.
    As you can see it is a silver grade with a brassy, bronze colored undercoating over the base zinc material.

With time, these silver examples begin to turn a golden hue and IMO begin to resemble bronze grades.
    If all the silver were removed, I would be inclined to think my example is a bronze grade.

Hope this makes sense.

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Johannes

This one is difficult to determine. The bronze looks good but there is some type of grayish residual color on the left side of the wreath. The reverse shows patches of it as well?

I am not sure if it is a bronze grade or a silver that has been cleaned of all the silver wash.

Here is an example I have that illustrates the what I was initially referring to.
    As you can see it is a silver grade with a brassy, bronze colored undercoating over the base zinc material.

With time, these silver examples begin to turn a golden hue and IMO begin to resemble bronze grades.
    If all the silver were removed, I would be inclined to think my example is a bronze grade.

Hope this makes sense.

Best Regards, fischer

Sure does, and excellent example you've posted! I am not sure then if mine is bronze or worn silver. Would better photos of the tarnished lower wreath help? I appreciate the discussion!
    -Johannes