MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Deciding Between Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hi, all. I really know nothing yet about Heer badges and I am trying to decide which of these two IABs to keep and which to sell. The first is a S.H.u.Co 41 example. This first badge has som

Default Deciding Between Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hi, all. I really know nothing yet about Heer badges and I am trying to decide which of these two IABs to keep and which to sell. The first is a S.H.u.Co 41 example. This first badge has some remaining finish but I am not sure if the pin assembly and catch was broken-off and re-attached...a possible period repair? I believe that S.H.u.Co is supposed to be a prominent maker of these badges, yes?
    The second has more silver finish remaining on it and is marked with a C and a W on the reverse. I don't know anything about this maker yet and haven't had time to research it. The pin catch on this badge is also closed if that makes a difference in any way.
    Does anyone have info on these or opinions on which is a better badge overall to keep? Perhaps the finish remainder alone decides it, but like I said I don't know enough about these yet. I also noticed a few points of difference. Firstly, of course, the design of the eagle's heads and secondly (I am not sure of the exact materials) the S.H.u.Co badge is slightly heavier, I believe.

Any info, opinions or advice would be most welcome and appreciated!

Thanks, guys
    Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deciding Between Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Deciding Between Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Deciding Between Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Deciding Between Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Deciding Between Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Deciding Between Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deciding Between Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Deciding Between Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hello Adam

As you know from the other thread your ShuCo is a 5 vein Variant and is a pretty common badge, especially after the recent hoarde of bronze mm examples recently found.

Your second is a Carl Wild which is in pretty good shape. Next to a Hymmen variant, the CW has what some consider the ugliest Eagle's head of all IAB's. This one is not rare but not common either.

Which of these two would I keep?

I would keep the Carl Wild. Not because I like CW better than ShuCo...Your ShuCo has a repaired hinge. If you look at your pic with the pin open (Great Pic's BTW!!!) you can see the excess solder that is of a different color than the finish of the badge. The edge of the sheet metal hinge has also taken some heat damage. This point alone makes the CW more desirable.

Here are two of mine with the same hardware set up as your example to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deciding Between Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Deciding Between Two Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

I would go with the CW as well. It presents itself better,
    and has not been altered by a repair.

I don't know why, but I have no Infanterie
    Sturmabzeichen yet.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I would keep them both

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    I would keep them both
    I agree with you, because I don't have one

Thanks for all the replies and opinions, guys and most helpful information, Fischer. I'm gonna go ahead and keep the CW and put the S.H.u.CO on on thw WAF estand...need the $ for some belt buckles!

Thanks again all
    Best,
    Adam