Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?

Article about: Here is my Ernst Muller for your references. One of the weakest detailed eagles heads IMO, but I still like them. This is a different variation than yours and more commonly seen IMO. It is u

?

Default Re: Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?

Here is my Ernst Muller for your references. One of the weakest detailed eagles heads IMO, but I still like them. This is a different variation than yours and more commonly seen IMO. It is unmarked also, but this does not have the oval base attatched to the pin like yours. Im glad you saved it from the trash

p.s.- This is the 2nd variation that someone was explaining about
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?   Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?  

Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Fischer and Bill, thank you for your very much appreciated knowledge and input on the thread and for saving Tom's badge! It's good to see more examples of the same award too! Thank you for posting.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Fischer and Bill, thank you for your very much appreciated knowledge and input on the thread and for saving Tom's badge! It's good to see more examples of the same award too! Thank you for posting.
    Hear, hear!! Couldn't find any to compare mine with and now there are two.
    Tom

Well I'll be darned. As I stated earlier, I've been wrong before. Is this a late war issue Fischer? The back is soooooo rough, but it matches yours. I'm glad you saved this one for Tom.

Jay

I'm at work right now, but will post my Muller examples when I get home.

Best Regards, fischer

Hi Guys

Here are my E. Muller examples. Here is my opinion of the progression for this maker;

1. Hollow example -
    You will see the obverse leaves are plain except for the leaf vein. Unmarked hollow

2. Oval Hinge -
    If you compare the obverse of this one to the hollow, you will see the obverse is pretty close in detail. Unmarked solid no stippling on the leaves

3. Oval Hinge New Die -
    This variant retains the oval hinge but the leaves now have stippling or small detail dots on them. Unmarked solid

4. Rectangle Hinge -
    This example still has the left over oval hinge Guide but the hinge base has changed to a rectangle shape. Leaves have stippling. Unmarked solid

5. Maker Marked Example -
    This variant now has a rectangle shaped hinge guide, rectangle shaped hinge, stippling on the leaves and the E. Muller maker mark.

Hope you can follow this.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?   Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?  

Here is the Oval Hinge Variants...No stippling silver grade and the bronze with stippling on the leaves.

Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?   Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?  

Here is the unmarked rectangle hinge and finally the maker marked variant...both have stippling on the leaves.

Best Regards, fischer

Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?   Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?  

?

Very easy to follow fischer, thanks. To be honest, I have only seen one other hollowback E. Muller example before this one. I really like the bronze example though. You know who to keep in mind if it is ever time to let her go. haha These E. Muller IABs are underrated by collectors IMO. Yes, they are not the best detailed of the makers, but they are usually in very decent condition when you come across one. Thanks for sharing all of those nice badges.

Thanks for showing your badges, Fischer. No problem with understanding the progression. I see the first one has the worst detail below the bayonet.
    Tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast