Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help please with Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber

Article about: Hi, I've seen this IAB for sale at a great price but insignia is not my strong point , could I trouble someone to take a look as to whether it's original or junk , many thanks in advance Che

Default Help please with Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber

Hi, I've seen this IAB for sale at a great price but insignia is not my strong point , could I trouble someone to take a look as to whether it's original or junk , many thanks in advance

Cheers John Help please with Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in SilberHelp please with Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-10-2016 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help please with Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

These are the only pics I can get so I hope there enough , I have looked through many threads on IAB's but can't seem to find one that matches

Hello John,
    It is an original Rudolph Karneth, but pretty difficult to see if there is any real silver finish left with such small photos.
    Please used this thread when starting any new threads in this Awards and Decorations section.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph is spot on. A zinc RK ISA. Stewy

Thanks for the knowledgable information gents , I took a look at the makers thread and also thought it may be Rudolph karneth , thanks for confirming it is a genuine one and also the maker

Cheers John

Just to add another voice, I agree this is a solid zinc RK in silver.

These also can be found with a very shiny "chrome" finish and "pebbled" and "un-pebbled" oak leaves. This of course is the "un-pebbled" type.

As Ralph says it is hard to tell how good the finish is on this one because of the pics so you might show some better pics if you buy it. You said the price was good but don't forget that might have something to do with the level of finish remaining. My first Infanterie Sturmabzeichen was a virtually unworn Wegerhof but it had no finish remaining which is why it was cheap. Just something to consider when bartering!

Regards

Mark

Good call Mark, I completely forgot the pebbled/unpebbled factor. Stewy

The badge comes as part of a deal on a wehrpass I'm after and the seller describes it as having (much silver finish remaining) so I'm hopeing it does and will take some better pics when it arrives , I looked through a lot of threads on the IAB to try and find a similar type to this one and I remember seeing something about the un- pebbled oak leaves , also when I found the badge maker thread and noticed then it was probably this type by Rudolph karneth but thanks to all for the confirmation it's much appreciated , as I collect a general mix of German items fakes are more of a problem than they wouid be just focusing on a specific interest , but I do like to learn about all aspects of the hobby and the forum as well as your experienced opinions makes getting ripped off much less likely

Cheers john

Hello

I agree with the others...a silver ISA attributed to the maker Rudolf Karneth, Gablonz.

It is a (5) vein variant and if I had to guess, this one probably is a worn chrome silver finish that Mark mentions.
    Also, it's the un-pebbled variation with the wreath/leaf sans the stippling detail of the "pebbled" version.

Please also note, the Karneth attribution is still only a theory as the maker Robert Kreisel, Gablonz is also a possibility, etc.

Best Regards, fischer

Hi fischer , thanks for the added information on the badge , as you say the finish is worn but the badge is original , I'm yet to do the deal and the guy also has this badge available the finish and detail is better than the first shown but I'm not sure if its original , it's a hollow backed version with a different catch set up , here are a couple of pics. Help please with Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in SilberHelp please with Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast