Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hermann Aurich Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for review

Article about: Hey guys, Can I get an opinion on this badge, bronze or toned silver? Thanks guys, Annoyed from this ads?   And thanks Fischer for all your time and help

Default Hermann Aurich Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for review

Hey guys,
    Can I get an opinion on this badge, bronze or toned silver?

Thanks guys,

And thanks Fischer for all your time and help
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-27-2015 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Aurich Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for review
    P
    Many

It sure looks bronze to me. Are these photos taken in natural light? Maybe a couple photos under different lighting would help.
    Here is my silver to compare.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Aurich Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for review   Hermann Aurich Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for review  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Guys

For me, this one is a frosted, silver/white electroplated example that has darkened or toned with time.
    Poor storage, moisture, etc. can turn these frosted finished variants a bronzy, golden tone and give the appearance of being a bronze grade ISA.

If you look at the reverse of the badge in question, it's my opinion there are still areas where the frosted finish can be seen.

The second example is another Aurich that has started turning brownish color in certain areas but, obviously this one is a silver grade.

And, here is a Hermann Aurich in my collection that has also darkened with time, but still has a little frosted finish remaining in a few spots, especially around the hinge plate that is crimped in place.

Best Regards, fischer

And finally, here is my bronze grade Hermann Aurich ISA.

Also, notice the hardware is bronze in color as well.
    With the hardware attachment part of the reverse die process, the set up would have been coated when the badge was finished.

Not in the best condition but, one of the most difficult ISA's to track down.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Aurich Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for review   Hermann Aurich Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for review  

Quote by fischer View Post

And, here is a Hermann Aurich in my collection that has also darkened with time, but still has a little frosted finish remaining in a few spots, especially around the hinge plate that is crimped in place.

Best Regards, fischer
    That was my reason for opting for bronze.The original one posted shows no signs of silvering on the hinge plate.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks guys. Ralph, these photos are taken in natural light. Unfortunately I can't post the original photos from the seller as I am away from my computer

a silver one.nice.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    That was my reason for opting for bronze.The original one posted shows no signs of silvering on the hinge plate.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph

Yes, with the angle of these pics it is difficult to see the hinge plate inside the crimping recess.

Here are the Dealer pics. I have increased the size of the hinge area.
    I believe you can see the silver white hinge base-plate under the darkened areas.

Best Regards, fischer

Thanks for posting those photos fischer!
    Had I seen those to start with, my choice would indeed be silver.
    Ralph.

Thanks for posting up the photos fischer, my phone wouldn't allow me to. Thanks for the comments gentlemen