Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Iab...

Article about: Hello guys, this one is offered me to for 140€. Bit expensive IMO. Seller tells it's a mint piece. But I guess that I can find a mint piece for less money with makermark, isn't it? Also the

?

Default Iab...

Hello guys, this one is offered me to for 140€. Bit expensive IMO.
    Seller tells it's a mint piece. But I guess that I can find a mint piece for less money with makermark, isn't it?
    Also the soldering at the catch and the hook bares me... or are these okay?

Thx,

Kris.

Iab...Iab...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Iab...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Iab...

Its an unmarked FLL, from these pictures hard to tell that the catch is replaced or not.

?

The soldering conserns me the most.

I'm surprised he considers this a "mint" piece, when it is rather apparent that the needle has been re-soldered...
    I would pause at the price as well...thinking you could do better with your money, but this is only my opinion.
    Cheers, Glenn

?

Hello guys,

I checked my database. I compared the badge with other solid zinc FLL's and I have to say that this soldering is OK. About the price, itsnot too bad considering that this is an earler zinc variant with most of the finish intact and not an easy to find in such a condition variant.
    Kris, about marked/unmarked, it means nothing that a badge is maker marked or not, most of the earliest badges are unmarked and cost much more than a mint maker marked fritz zimmermann Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for example.
    Iab...Iab...Iab...Iab...

Thank you very much for the comparison example...I learned something new today!
    Glenn

?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the saying goes or in this case, mintiness is in the eye of the seller.

I can't consider this piece mint, it has to be in 'good condition'.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Here's my bronze FLL,quite early for a zincer. Stewy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iab...   Iab...