Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IAB Assmann " 4 "

Article about: IAB Assmann " 4 "

?

Default IAB Assmann " 4 "

IAB Assmann " 4 "

IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "IAB Assmann " 4 "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement IAB Assmann " 4 "
    P
    Many

Hello

This one is a fake.

Best Regards, fischer

I have to agree with my old mate, sorry. Stewy

?

I appreciate the opinions, but I need some more info on this...can either of you provide documented information as to why this is a fake? If so what time frame fake or origin? Is this a later 2000-16 fake...or a 90's fake or ? Please provide the additional info as to why and point me to the documented part if possible?
    Quote by fischer View Post
    Hello

This one is a fake.

Best Regards, fischer

Hi there, although I can't give you a timeframe for this fake. The catch should be integral to the badge due to zinc Assmann's being manufactured by a die injection process. The catch is not a repair, also there's pitting on the reverse. The hinge on these has a rounded top, not flat. A different style of pin was used on originals too. And to cap it. It has a Junker/missing leaf eagles head not a zinc Assmann one. Kind regards, Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Hi there, although I can't give you a timeframe for this fake. The catch should be integral to the badge due to zinc Assmann's being manufactured by a die injection process. The catch is not a repair, also there's pitting on the reverse. The hinge on these has a rounded top, not flat. A different style of pin was used on originals too. And to cap it. It has a Junker/missing leaf eagles head not a zinc Assmann one. Kind regards, Stewy
    As Stewy said, the catch is not a repair so, it should be cast the same as the hinge. Also, the head is incorrect for an Assmann made IAB. This badge has been called out as bad on WAF as well.
    IAB Assmann 4 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Here is a thread on WAF that shows an original.
    IAB Assmann "4" in silver - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    If you want documented statements, you'll have to find that yourself.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Beaty , it is me Dion from the Facebook page I admin, the IAB is a 1 looker fake as I had tyld you. Possibly thrown in from your relatives as a replacement award, the polizei stickpins look bad also. As I said, the important family stuff like award docs are all in there. Like my Grandfather all his stuff was lost in Russian captivity an he used his soldbuc to roll ciggs when he got home to Germany in the 50s. It is not uncommon to find fakes in family hordes.

That explains a lot Dion. I couldn't work out why there were two posters of the same ISA (here & WAF). Stewy

Suspicious when most of the pics are on an angle and not straight on.

Steve

He really wanted to be sure it is fake I guess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast