Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

IAB Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (4) - Opinions needed

Article about: Hi guys, I have been offered four Infantry Assault badges as part of a collection of Third Reich militaria. I have also been told this badge is original but I could please get a second opini

Default IAB Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (4) - Opinions needed

Hi guys,

I have been offered four Infantry Assault badges as part of a collection of Third Reich militaria.

I have also been told this badge is original but I could please get a second opinion and also a possible maker?

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IAB Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (4) - Opinions needed   IAB Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (4) - Opinions needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement IAB Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (4) - Opinions needed
    P
    Many

Hi Glen,

Not quite certain, but I think it's a Vienna design by an unknown maker that used the rectangular catch plate. The poor angle on the obverse pic is hiding the eagles head that aids I.D-ing it positively for me so best wait for stewy, fischer et al to comment.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Glen,

Not quite certain, but I think it's a Vienna design by an unknown maker that used the rectangular catch plate. The poor angle on the obverse pic is hiding the eagles head that aids I.D-ing it positively for me so best wait for stewy, fischer et al to comment.

Regards, Ned.
    Thank you for your well informed response as always Ned.

Thank you, Glen.

Hi Guys

For me, this is an unknown original and is referred to as a solid "H" example.

It is associated with the the unknown hollow with the "H" marking on the reverse.
    There are four variations of the solid "H" examples and I refer to this one as the Type 3.

Here is one I have to compare.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IAB Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (4) - Opinions needed   IAB Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (4) - Opinions needed