MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IAB for review - R.S.

Article about: purchased today; marked RS, repaired clasp. Comments? is this the original finish? Thanks Joe

Default IAB for review - R.S.

purchased today; marked RS, repaired clasp. Comments? is this the original finish?
    Thanks
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IAB for review - R.S.   IAB for review - R.S.  

IAB for review - R.S.   IAB for review - R.S.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement IAB for review - R.S.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: IAB for review - R.S.

Apart from the repaired catch I see no problems with it!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Looks ok to me,the day the fakers break and repair catches/hinges etc I will just give up and settle for what I already have!! Leon.

It is a good one congrats.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Sorry, I missed your question about the finish.

It looks like it has darkened and mainly faded into the zinc base metal with the high points worn off. I note there is some zinc pest on the eagle too. Apply vaseline to this area, leave for 24 hours and then wipe off.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It looks like it has darkened and mainly faded into the zinc base metal with the high points worn off. I note there is some zinc pest on the eagle too. Apply vaseline to this area, leave for 24 hours and then wipe off.
    An original, and I agree with Adrian.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Great Eagle! ;-)

Hi Joe

I agree with the others and this R. Souval is an original example. This one features the large lettered RS maker mark, raised hinge guide and a sheet metal hinge with the catch repaired at some point.
    As Adrian advises, I would clean it off and apply very light coating of Vaseline...this will help preserve the zinc base material.
    In regards to the finish, yours does look to have some remnants remaining but it is mostly faded. Most of the Souval examples I encounter, the finish has faded away with time and only show the base zinc gray.
    Both the large and small Souval maker mark examples with the sheet metal hinge are not too difficult to track down...the tough part is to find one with some finish remaining.

Here is one I have for comparison; it is uncleaned and dingy looking but I like it.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IAB for review - R.S.   IAB for review - R.S.  

Original Souval.

Thank you all. Is there a section in forum that discusses preservation of badges and details what the vaseline does to preserve? After application is it to be wiped off? I would imagine it would be messy and stain what i rest the badge against for display unless it is wiped off. Thanks again.
    joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast