Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

IAB in silber

Article about: opinions?

G43
    ?

Default IAB in silber

opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IAB in silber   IAB in silber  

IAB in silber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement IAB in silber
    P
    Many

Default Re: IAB in silber

Hello

A nice looking silver grade attributed Assmann. These injection molded with integral hinge and catch are considered late war variants.

The mm "4" is thought to indicate the machine or die used to produce this example. There are mm'd 1, 2 and 3 examples as well.

Yours looks to be in "better than average" shape, congrats!

Best Regards, fischer

G43
    ?

Thank you fischer. So the "4" isn't actually a maker mark then? Is that theory you proposed widely accepted?

Quote by G43 View Post
    Thank you fischer. So the "4" isn't actually a maker mark then? Is that theory you proposed widely accepted?
    What fischer states is the accepted belief currently, but has not been proved 100%, it's the best guess at the moment. Read this thread from WAF for the low down on the details.

The Assman IAB Twins - Solids! - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Hope that helps.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by G43 View Post
    Hello

First, these numbered examples have been "Attributed" to the firm of Assmann & Sohne due to the "like" obverse design they share with the Assmann marked examples. The Assmann marking is the large, raised "A" and match the copyrighted, company logo for the firm of F.W. Assmann & Sohne, Ludenscheid.

Secondly, because of the same obverse design shared with the Assmann marked examples, the 1-4 numbers are not considered a "Präsidialkanzlei Lieferant Number" assigned to a certain maker.

As stated in my first reply, the "thought" is the numbers indicate a machine or die used to produce these examples. This theory is widely accepted by the collecting community.

Is there another theory? If so, please present the argument as I am not aware of any other.

Best Regards, fischer