Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?

Article about: Hi all, I would like to ask you if you can take a look on this badge. There is no maker mark, weight is 28 grams. It is silver badge but somebody put grey color on it. Is it original or not?

?

Default Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?

Hi all,
    I would like to ask you if you can take a look on this badge. There is no maker mark, weight is 28 grams. It is silver badge but somebody put grey color on it. Is it original or not?
    Thank you, Mike
    Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Strum Abzeichen - good or bad?
    P
    Many

Hello Mike,
    I believe that you have what is referred to as an original "egghead" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. The maker of this one is still unknown. I have posted my example here,
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber- "Egghead"
    You can compare the details with mine. If I am wrong, someone will be along to correct me.
    This could also be a bronze example. I have a couple in my collection that appear to be painted, but it is just the change in the finish over time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Mike

I agree with Ralph, this one is an original and it is referred to as the Egghead by collectors for ease of identification.

There are some that theorize the Egghead was most likely produced by the firm of Gustav Brehmer due to the similarities between the Brehmer GAB overall attributes and Egghead features.

In regards to the finish, I am inclined to say this one is a silver grade.
    It does look to have a strange finish of some sort giving the surface a primer colored coating. I am not sure what the coating is?

Best Regards, fischer

looks ok.

?

Hi guys,
    thank you for help because I was not sure about originality. Now it is part of my collection.
    Mike