Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hi guys, Just got this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in a trade with a forum member and was hoping to get some opinions on it. Although I trust the member 100% I have some questions about the au

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hi guys,

Just got this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in a trade with a forum member and was hoping to get some opinions on it. Although I trust the member 100% I have some questions about the authenticity of the badge. To me it looks like a cast badge which may or may not be post war? There is a spot on the bayonet blade at the tip and some pitting through out the badge. IMO it seems to lack a little detail and its not the best made badge Iv seen. I did not notice these on the photos he had but once in hand it didn't look so great. I'm by no means an expert but I was not able to find a known original examples that resembled this one on line or in any of my books. So what do you guys think are my doubts unfounded?

Thanks for the help!

Kirby

Infanterie SturmabzeichenInfanterie SturmabzeichenInfanterie SturmabzeichenInfanterie SturmabzeichenInfanterie SturmabzeichenInfanterie SturmabzeichenInfanterie Sturmabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Your suspicions are correct, this is not a good one and if mine I would return it.

Best Regards, fischer

Fischer,

I was hoping you would see this thread! Thanks for the conformation. I have every confidence the member will make it right. That is one comforts of dealing with a well known forum member.

Thanks again,

Kirby

Hi Kirby

No problem. Thanks for posting this one.

After looking at your pics more closely, it appears this one is a combination of two badges.

The obverse has the details of a post war R. Souval variant with what looks like a slightly deformed head sculpt (this could also be the angle of the pic). It even has the missing leaf on the inside area of the sling and the k98.
    The reverse has been copied from the soft scooped rifle Assmann variant. In looking at your pics left to right starting at the top, pic number 5 has what looks to me like the Assmann "A" maker mark in the center of the rifle.

Should this one come up for sale, I would be interested as I collect fakes that resemble original IAB's for a project I am working on.

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Kirby

No problem. Thanks for posting this one.

After looking at your pics more closely, it appears this one is a combination of two badges.

The obverse has the details of a post war R. Souval variant with what looks like a slightly deformed head sculpt (this could also be the angle of the pic). It even has the missing leaf on the inside area of the sling and the k98.
    The reverse has been copied from the soft scooped rifle Assmann variant. In looking at your pics left to right starting at the top, pic number 5 has what looks to me like the Assmann "A" maker mark in the center of the rifle.

Should this one come up for sale, I would be interested as I collect fakes that resemble original IAB's for a project I am working on.

Best Regards, fischer
    Spot on Fischer! Hope you had a good Xmas mate. Adding to what Fischer's said. The hinge is made from too thinner metal to be plausible. Just another point that confirms this as a fake,sorry. Stewy

fischer,

Thanks for the additional info. It does have an weak attempt at an Assmann maker mark. I looked at it under my microscope cant really see it in the photo. The seller of this badge is out of town until after the new year so when he gets back and we work out are situation Ill let you know whats up with this one. I'm very interested in your what your working on? Will it be something we will get to see in the future?

Stewy,

your right that is pretty thin. To be honest I really never got past the front of the badge to notice much on the back. That actuality makes me feel pretty good I guess I'm learning! Now if I would have just caught on before I got the badge Id be in pretty good shape.

Thanks

Kirby

Hello Kirby!
    Sorry to hear that you got a dud.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph! it will be ok the seller is good people

Kirby