Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hi everyone, just bought this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for £25 - I thought it was worth the gamble at that price and it should be returnable. It looks to have a repaired catch (which dosnt

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hi everyone, just bought this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for £25 - I thought it was worth the gamble at that price and it should be returnable. It looks to have a repaired catch (which dosnt bother me at all) and I think its authentic, but I'm no expert. Presumably its been refinished at some point as the paint covers the repair.

Many thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

it looks a right one,but get that crap off it.

Hello Doug

This one is a (4) vein S.H.u.Co. Design and is considered a relatively common ISA.

As Harry eluded to, the badge has been painted gold.
    The catch has been replaced and the hinge could have been re-attached at some point...hard to tell with the paint

Because of this, the badge does not have any collector or monetary value and I would return it, if possible,

For £50 or $80.00 US you could get a nice original with the correct hardware still intact.
    Just search the multiple awards forums that have "Sales Sections".

Best Regards, fischer

PS> Here is my example of what this one probably looked before it was painted.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Thanks for the help.

Yep, Fischer it totally correct. In this condition it is virtually worthless which is a shame for an original item. So, return it if you can but if not you lose nothing you haven't already lost by removing the hideous paint job. Just be careful and restrained. Try acetone first before moving on to more agressive chemicals. You might actually reduce the financial disadvantage if you can undo the damage!

As I say though, try to return it first.

Let us know how you get on?

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."