Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen Assmann - Original?

Article about: Hello, is this Assmann a good piece? I've got it as present for christmas from my girlfriend. I have only the pictures from the net. IMO it is a good piece, but I know that Assmann had been

Many thanks to your opinions. I'll hope the best, and I hope also I can return it if it's a bad one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen Assmann - Original?
    P
    Many

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Ned, do you think that both sides of the bayonet are a die flaw? Hinge looks a little off, as in lopsided to me. I hope it's just me being paranoid & it's fine. But Aurich made high quality awards, as a rule. If I'm wrong I hold my hands up. Stewy
    Hi Stewy,

It looks to me like it may have caught the edge of the press during the manufacturing process, it's been galv coated after this in my opinion which seems very possible for an original badge. TBH, I'm not as hot on these as I'd like so may well be wrong, but I'm sure Don will be along soon enough to settle it!

Cheers, Ned.

Quote by Landser I View Post
    Many thanks to your opinions. I'll hope the best, and I hope also I can return it if it's a bad one.
    Hang fire until fischer sees it, then we'll all know for sure!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes, a final opinion would help me very much. But particularly my girlfriend, because she spent quite a bit of money for this pice ;-)

Hello

For me, this one is a good Hermann Aurich, Dresden ISA and has a chrome silver or Glanzverzinkt finish as Ned described.

In regards to the bayonet indentations Stewy mentioned, I am not sure how or what caused this?
    It could have occurred during the production process but we will never know for certain.

Here is one I have with the same finish coating to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen Assmann - Original?   Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen Assmann - Original?  

Many many thanks for the detailed posts! I'm glad about a new original piece in my small collection, and also about this galvanised piece. I have never seen such an ISA before. Just for compare, where is such a piece pricely? I know it's a present, but the buying price was quite low for an ISA IMO.

nothing wrong with that one.

So, it had arrived and looks and feels good. Many thanks to all the opinions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2