Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, Opinion

Article about: Hi all, have had this offered to me. Would like your thoughts please. Thanks

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, Opinion

Hi all, have had this offered to me. Would like your thoughts please. ThanksInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, OpinionInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, OpinionInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, OpinionInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, Opinion
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-04-2015 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, Opinion
    P
    Many

Almost looks like a KM badge with that gold hue / wash.
    I thought bronze IABs were stamped in solid alloy?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Without better photos, including the hinge and catch, I would suggest you pass.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default IAB Opinion

I found two more picturesInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, OpinionInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, Opinion. Thanks

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph-very appreciated. I was not too sure on this one at all. Brian

Hi Brian

This one is a maker marked "UU" for the firm of E. Ferd Wiedmann.
    The obverse vein details on this one is what I refer to as the Type 3 pattern.
    Several hardware set ups (5 total) can be found in use with the marked Type 3 including the lily pad hinge Ralph mentioned.

The Badge:
    The photo's are very bad and this alone would deter me from purchasing this one.

Other Problems:
    The catch is not original and is a flat material positioned on top of a type of mound. Most likely left over solder, etc. from the original catch.
    The hinge is not the correct sheet metal or wrap around type and appears to be capped off on the ends. Sheet metal hinges are open at the ends with the hinge pin visible.
    The badge pin is too thin and also a replacement.

As Danmark pointed out, the gold wash is peculiar and I'm of the opinion this is paint.
    Acetone or nail polish remover should prove this out.

I would say an original badge with the hardware set up replaced, painted to cover the repairs and aged to give it a worn look.

Best Regards, fischer

PS>Here is a Type 3 bronze grade with a sheet metal hinge set up.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, Opinion   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze, Opinion  

Thanks for all the info Fischer. It was very helpful and I passed on this one. Brian