Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infanterie sturmabzeichen in Bronze by "RS"

Article about: Hi guys, I have had this one for sometime, know it s not at its best, but got it very cheap. Is this maker kind of rare for this Badges?, Best Regards, Juan

Yes, Vaseline will help it.

These things were not designed to last. The metal used was poor to start with.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie sturmabzeichen in Bronze by "RS"
    P
    Many

Thanks Ade, will do as you say

Hi guys, yesterday I applied a vaseline bath to the Badge, left 24 Hours and here is the result, would you say it s the same Badge?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie sturmabzeichen in Bronze by "RS"   Infanterie sturmabzeichen in Bronze by "RS"  

Infanterie sturmabzeichen in Bronze by "RS"   Infanterie sturmabzeichen in Bronze by "RS"  

Much better.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, it s been hard work, but I am very happy with the result. I enclose another Badge that also went through the same process, it s incredible the improvement, considering I bought this one from a guy who dug it, hope you like it, Best Regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie sturmabzeichen in Bronze by "RS"   Infanterie sturmabzeichen in Bronze by "RS"  

Infanterie sturmabzeichen in Bronze by "RS"   Infanterie sturmabzeichen in Bronze by "RS"  

It indeed looks better, still not a bronze ISA though. Souval's are quite common, but there are rarities even in silver grade. Flat pin Souvals are tricky to find. I think both myself & Fischer have posted ours here in the past. Stewy

Much better, but be aware that the zink pest is Not dead, but is only drastically slowed down. It can and will spread if not periodically treated. Always keep zink badges from contact with others, to be safe. Zink pest will destroy the metal-it actually corrodes it away like a cancer. There is no getting rid of it permanently, but it's speed of destruction can at least be delayed. The metal surfaces can never be allowed to get really dry again or it will awaken.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William, will do as you say

When you mean periodically, more or less how often should that be?

Quote by jamoros View Post
    When you mean periodically, more or less how often should that be?
    It will be apparent when it needs re-doing. Each badge is different & there's no hard & fast timeline. Three to six months checking will be sufficient IMO. Stewy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2