Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze Shuco with drifting MM

Article about: Hello All, I am not a particular IAB collector but I think this is a good ShuCo 5 vein badge. I have seen other examples of off positioned Makers Mark by this manufacturer but take a look at

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze Shuco with drifting MM

Hello All,
    I am not a particular IAB collector but I think this is a good ShuCo 5 vein badge.

I have seen other examples of off positioned Makers Mark by this manufacturer but take a look at this one as the mark has drifted nearly completely off the badge.

Opinions or comments welcomed

Doug

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze Shuco with drifting MMInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze Shuco with drifting MMInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze Shuco with drifting MM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze Shuco with drifting MM
    P
    Many

Hello Doug

You are correct, this one is a good S.H.u.Co. maker marked (5) vein example.

One area of concern for me is the bronze colored finish.
    Notice how some of the recesses of the obverse is a darker brown than the raised details that a gold.

I'm of the opinion the obverse coloring appears more like a golden paint than the typical brownish gray colored wash that is still intact on most of the reverse.

Here is one of mine to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze Shuco with drifting MM   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze Shuco with drifting MM  

Also, the off-center mark on the S.H.u.Co. solid ISA is an attribute of this maker and can be found on both the (4) and (5) vein examples.

Here are some of my examples.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze Shuco with drifting MM  

Thank you for the input fischer.
    It was that finish to the badge that attracted me to it because of the unusual nature of it.
    Once it arrives I will of course be applying some more of the wife's nail varnish remover to see if it is a 'good' bronze or just a titivated silver but either way it looks to be in fairly good condition.
    I'll update the post when it arrives.

All the best
    Doug

Hi Doug

For clarification, I do think the badge in question is a bronze grade.
    From what I can see here, the faded brownish wash (like my example) has been enhanced with a more brilliant golden color.

I base this opinion on the areas I have indicated.
    Notice the arrows show an almost flawless golden color and the red, circled recesses lack this coloring.

One would think the raised areas would be worn and the more protected recesses would have the golden color.

Of course, you will know more once you have the badge in hand.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze Shuco with drifting MM  

very nice badge.

Hello Fischer, thanks for your knowledgable input.
    Thanks Harry...I do like the badge
    So the badge has arrived and photographed in natural light brings out the colour far better.
    It does look to have a fairly even patina all over rather than golden highlights which must have been photographic effects.

All the best
    Doug

Hi Doug

What a difference good pics make. It looks much better in your photo and the finish looks great.

Any possibility of getting pics of the reverse.

Congrats on your new example and glad it turned out to be all correct!

Best Regards, fischer

Here is a picture of the reverse:

Cheers
    Doug