Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze - unmarked

Article about: A recent addition. No makers mark. Early one stamped in bronze or brass I believe. Notice that the area between the swastika and bayonet is not cut out like one normally sees. It's now one o

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze - unmarked

A recent addition. No makers mark. Early one stamped in bronze or brass I believe. Notice that the area between the swastika and bayonet is not cut out like one normally sees. It's now one of my favorites as I always wanted a bronze version of this badge.
    I was wondering if anybody recognizes the maker?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze - unmarked   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze - unmarked  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze - unmarked  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze - unmarked
    P
    Many

Unfortunately this is an old fake based on the Schickle design.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sorry Ned's right. Stewy

oh dear.

?

Wow!...bummer...fooled again!...
    OK.. had a good cry...now I want to say this...

Thank You and Bless this forum!

It's funny how one convinces oneself of things he wants to believe. Despite seeing warning signs right in front of one's eyes. The badge has a crisp look. It has attaching devices "similar" to real badges. Made of good quality materials...and yet? Although it felt too lightweight, it has an unusual catch, and I couldn't find one like it in books or the internet...I just wanted to believe it was a period badge.
    I paid seventy five dollars for it as a "buy it now" on ebay. The seller said it was original but offered no returns. As The Beatles said "I should have known better"! But I wanted to believe.
    I'm glad it's up now for the world to see. I hope and pray no one else gets burned by another. Question now is what to do with it. It's out of my display for sure. It's in the junk box with my other "lessons". But do I destroy it? I will have to ponder this.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Best regards,
    Dennis
    PS: Today I had to spend eighty five dollars on a new tire for my car. And I have a toothache... it hasn't been a good day! lol

I wouldn't destroy it. Some folks (my mate Fischer being one) collect fakes for research. Whilst I'm not saying this would be of interest to him. As long as someone buys it as a fake, which it has been advertised as. No problem, you may have been caught. But there may be a slight possibility of re-couping something. Stewy

Quote by Denred View Post
    Wow!...bummer...fooled again!...
    OK.. had a good cry...now I want to say this...

Thank You and Bless this forum!

It's funny how one convinces oneself of things he wants to believe. Despite seeing warning signs right in front of one's eyes. The badge has a crisp look. It has attaching devices "similar" to real badges. Made of good quality materials...and yet? Although it felt too lightweight, it has an unusual catch, and I couldn't find one like it in books or the internet...I just wanted to believe it was a period badge.
    I paid seventy five dollars for it as a "buy it now" on ebay. The seller said it was original but offered no returns. As The Beatles said "I should have known better"! But I wanted to believe.
    I'm glad it's up now for the world to see. I hope and pray no one else gets burned by another. Question now is what to do with it. It's out of my display for sure. It's in the junk box with my other "lessons". But do I destroy it? I will have to ponder this.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Best regards,
    Dennis
    PS: Today I had to spend eighty five dollars on a new tire for my car. And I have a toothache... it hasn't been a good day! lol
    You are not alone, I doubt there is a single collector who doesn't have a small box or drawer "of shame". We have all been caught out usually as novice collectors but it can still happen to the most experienced "Old Hand".

When I was a young collector in the '70s there was some really awful crap out there that wouldn't fool anyone these days but I still have some of it as a reminder of the need for caution.

These days with the internet and some really excellent published material it should be much easier to do the research and to check, check and enquire. In most cases there is always time to check and make sure. If there isn't time to check don't buy it as there are more out there. Also, please don't buy anything like this off Ebay unless you really are 100% sure of it and the seller. Ebay has far more fakes than genuine items in this area.
    Lastly, if you don't want to keep it don't trash it as re-enactors all need badges and only an idiot would use real ones. This one is plenty good enough for that purpose just make sure you sell it as a copy. Take this as an education and don't be put off.

If it makes you feel any better I put four new tyres on my car yesterday at a cost of nearly £400 and they are not top of the range either

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks, I'm starting to love you guys!
    I have one of those electric engravers and am thinking of maybe marking it as FAKE or REPRO on the back somewhere. I don't want anyone else to experience needless grief over this "thing".

I have one of those electric engravers and am thinking of maybe marking it as FAKE or REPRO on the back somewhere.
    A good plan...

?

Thanks, I'm starting to love you guys!
    I have one of those electric engravers and am thinking of maybe marking it as FAKE or REPRO on the back somewhere. I don't want anyone else to experience needless grief over this "thing".
    Excellent idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast