Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?

Article about: Hi Guys my name is Gerry and i am new to this forum. I hope to profit from your knowledge to find out if my infantry badge is a real one. I know it is a Deschler piece and stemped L 10 but t

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    What are the measurements and weight?
    I know that's not a definitive answer - but it would go a long way to prove either way IMHO.

I don't want him to get a "Big 'Ed "- but rarely is our man wrong - fo me it looks to be a good one - although I was cautious at the beginning because of the pictures- Staegemeir's good - but not that good!!
    Thanks Jonno, but I'm far from certain and ryuuk's opinion is always one I look for and respect both here and on other forums. He has an incredible eye for the critical/smallest details that many often miss. My theory seems a little odd that Staegemeir would sell an original badge, but why the hell not when it's served it's purpose?

Where's fischer and Stewy (the stranger)?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Guys i think this forum is great, didn´t expect so much and fast support THANKS!°
    I did make the measurements and also checked the weight which are as follow:
    height approx.62mm
    width approx. 47mm
    weight approx.26 gramm

Quote by Gerry View Post
    Thanks Guys i think this forum is great, didn´t expect so much and fast support THANKS!°
    I did make the measurements and also checked the weight which are as follow:
    height approx.62mm
    width approx. 47mm
    weight approx.26 gramm
    Based on what you say it appears to be a bit heavy and the sizes are not correct - according to Webbers book anyway

?

Could you present more specific details about weight and size etc.. ? Thanks

Gerry....i don't have access to my library for a few days as I'm travelling to Paris with my best half for our anniversary....ill do it when I get back....unlrss someone else can chime in 😉

Hi Guys
    Interesting and instructive thread...

The badge in question is IMO a dangerous fake due to the factors that ryuuk displays.
    Unfortunately, Stagy's fakes get better as time goes by and it's important to always stay diligent.

Beast Regards, fischer

?

thanks for your help and pointing stuff out to me.. i will give the badge back and try to get my money back! But John Brandon i would still love to get the info when you get back thanks a lot Gerry

Hi Gerry
    Landed tonight - I must be keen

If Fischer says its bad - its bad It doesn't matter what the book says however for reference Webber lists this one on page 118 with the measurements and weights thus:
    20.0 grams
    61.7 mm x 47.1mm
    high quality and rare

?

size wise it would be Ok! I said approx.. i had a measure tape to do it and 0.300 and 0.100 of 1.0 mm is almost nothing. 20 gr not to far away from 26 gr. I read in a German Wehrmacht Book that even if it is the same maker and model that weight can vary up to 10 gr depending on what material was used. But I have send it back anyway.. thanks for the info though!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3