Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen im silber und Gefrierfleischorden medal

Article about: Hi Gents, just thought I'd show you my two latest arrivals that came this morning. A mint '65' (Klein&Quenzer) marked Gefrierfleischorden medal and an un-marked (but I think its Steinhau

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen im silber und Gefrierfleischorden medal

Hi Gents, just thought I'd show you my two latest arrivals that came this morning.
    A mint '65' (Klein&Quenzer) marked Gefrierfleischorden medal and an un-marked (but I think its Steinhauer & Lück aus Lüdenscheid?) Infanterie sturmabzeichen im silber with all the finish remaining.
    Thanks for taking the time to look
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen im silber und Gefrierfleischorden medal front
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen im silber und Gefrierfleischorden medal back
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen im silber und Gefrierfleischorden medal '65'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen im silber und Gefrierfleischorden medal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen im silber und Gefrierfleischorden medal

Very nice finds Londonjay

Nice awards! I like the pillow crimp on the IAB.

?

Both nice original. The IAB is a Deumer not S&L.

Thanks Mike and Glenn
    And thanks for telling me the correct maker János
    Jay

Hello Jay

Your Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is referred to as a "Deformed Leaf" Vertical Crimp and has recently been attributed to the maker Deumer. More than likely Deumer is the maker but concrete proof has yet to surface.

The Vertical Crimp refers to the way the hinge is attached to the badge. The Deformed Leaf is the 3R leaf on the wreath or the 3rd one down from the Eagle on the right hand side. This is the only Infanterie Sturmabzeichen with this attribute and I have attached one of mine to compare. The Deformed Leaf has been circled in red.

Best Regards, fischer

thanks for pointing out the flaw fischer,,most interesting

Heres my Deumer to compare...

?

A couple of very nice awards Jay. The Ost Medaille is in superb condition, it looks like it still has the factory lacquer still coating it.
    The Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is also very well preserved. I think Steinhauer used a similar hinge set up, I have a Panzerkampfabzeichen with a hinge that looks the same but without the crimping that I was told is by S&L.
    And thanks as always to fischer for the detailed information and explanation.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for pointing that out Fischer, always love finding more information about these awards and really appreciate you taking the time to point it out to me.
    Lovely one to compare it with Glenn
    Cheers Adrian, I've been waiting for a decent condition one for a while now and was well pleased when I found this one!!!
    Regards
    Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast