Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Infantry Assault

Article about: Hello, I'm looking to verify this badge. I bought it in a flea market several years ago in Mississippi. If its fake I will remove it from my collection, thanks. CM -

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Infantry Assault

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Infantry AssaultInfanterie Sturmabzeichen - Infantry AssaultInfanterie Sturmabzeichen - Infantry Assault

Hello, I'm looking to verify this badge. I bought it in a flea market several years ago in Mississippi. If its fake I will remove it from my collection, thanks.

CM -

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Infantry Assault
    P
    Many

Original Wiedmann ISA. Stewy

Give it a Vaseline bath, as it looks like it may have the on set of zinc pest. It's been badly stored, but it's hardware set up is not rare. But not always encountered. Stewy

Out of interest, if you have a magnet handy check the pin. It looks rusty. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Give it a Vaseline bath, as it looks like it may have the on set of zinc pest. It's been badly stored, but it's hardware set up is not rare. But not always encountered. Stewy
    Does this sound like exactly what it is? I have never heard of using vaseline on medals before.

CM -

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Stewy is correct on all points that he mentioned.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

If you do a search there should be a thread on how to arrest zinc pest with Vaseline treatment. Stewy

Just don't use Anusol, that's different.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Just don't use Anusol, that's different.......
    Do you mean the cream or the tablets. Stewy

Hello

As Stewy stated, this one is a good E. Ferd Wiedmann, Frankfurt am Main ISA.

The hardware set up is a barrel hinge and flat stock catch.
    This particular variant is one of the rarest of the solid zinc Wiedmann examples.

If you do decide to use Vaseline, does so sparingly and apply a light film after you clean the surface.

Here is one I have to compare.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Infantry Assault   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Infantry Assault  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast