Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Julius Bauer or Josef Bergs?

Article about: Hi there, Got this ISA. Is this an unmarked Julius Bauer, or a Josef Bergs? Who can help me? Thanks! Willem

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Julius Bauer or Josef Bergs?

Hi there,

Got this ISA.
    Is this an unmarked Julius Bauer, or a Josef Bergs?
    Who can help me?

Thanks!

Willem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Julius Bauer or Josef Bergs?
    P
    Many

Willem, my opinion is the badge lacks the detail necessary to be a Josef Bergs. His badges had highly detailed pebbled leafs.

John

raz
    ?

Hello, the ribbon detail at the bottom and the leaf pattern of dots point to JB & co in my opinion with replaced hinge pin . 7.29 in Mr Webers book . Raz

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

raz
    ?

Thanks Ralph , I'm not as up to date as you on this award so when I saw the same badge in Webers book crediting Julius Bauer with the JB & Co logo I tried to help . Can you clarify for us as to the 2 different makers or is there only 1 maker and the book hasn't been updated to reflect credit to Josef Bergs . Thanks,
    Raz

Never mind , as always I just don't go far enough ..
    Last edited by raz; 11-26-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Quote by raz View Post
    Thanks Ralph , I'm not as up to date as you on this award so when I saw the same badge in Webers book crediting Julius Bauer with the JB & Co logo I tried to help . Can you clarify for us as to the 2 different makers or is there only 1 maker and the book hasn't been updated to reflect credit to Josef Bergs . Thanks,
    Raz

Never mind , as always I just don't go far enough ..
    I don't have much time right now as I am at work but you may find this interesting.
    IAB JB&Co Bronze - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hmmmm, super interesting!
    Is there something you can see that makes it a Josef Bergs/Julius Bauer?

Willem

raz
    ?

I think if you research you will find that the collecting community agreed around 2012 it was a Gablonz area made badge and so credited to Bergs instead of Bauer and my book was pub in 2008 I think . Ralph gave a good link and there is more on the other forums about these 2 makers and the discussions . Since there is only 1 badge in Mr Webers book with mm jb& co and identical to yours I ASS umed it was a Bauer . Hope I am not muddying up the water just trying to help.

Raz

P S And I could be wrong on the whole thing because the badge in the book has the MM j leaning to the right and the top is touching the b and auther points that out!

At this time, there are no IABs attributed to Julius Bauer.
    Ralph.

Ok, this opened my eyes!
    Thanks all!
    Thank you so much!

Willem