Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons

Article about: Steel IAB. Something odd about the lower prong on the swastika on this one. Is this typical? Thanks!

Scott,
    There will be many more. Here is an example I picked up for no more than 125 euro. It is not steel, but is a prime example of this award. It is basically unworn. As they say, patience is a virtue.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons
    P
    Many

I'm just staring to learn about these. That doesn't look like zinc as those I've seen have really soft details on the reverse, so is that a tombak example?

Quote by avenger View Post
    I'm just staring to learn about these. That doesn't look like zinc as those I've seen have really soft details on the reverse, so is that a tombak example?
    I believe it is.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Very nice. One like that would be perfect. I'll keep looking! The hunt is half the fun it seems.

its a very nice one.

Hi Guys

Thought I would add my 2ยข here.

The first example is a so-called ShuCo Design (5) vein steel variant...the badge is magnetic.
    There is also a (4) vein steel example, which I consider the tougher of the two variations to track down.

At one time, these were considered rare but, with the ShuCo/FLL hoard find of 2009, that changed.
    Minty examples of this (5) vein steely along with minty bronze solid zinc ShuCo 41 marked (5) vein examples were part of that discovery.

Because of this, the (5) vein steel examples are what I consider mid-range in regards to rarity. Not common but also not that difficult to find.

In regards to the repaired badge, it is my opinion that unless the badge is extremely rare, these do not have any collector value.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons  

Thanks as always for this post fischer!
    For the benefit of all those interested, please inform us of how to differentiate between the 4 vein and the 5 vein ShuCo examples.
    Thanks,
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thanks as always for this post fischer!
    For the benefit of all those interested, please inform us of how to differentiate between the 4 vein and the 5 vein ShuCo examples.
    Thanks,
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph

Here is the example that started the thread with the (5) vein leaf pattern.

Looking at the 1R or the first wreath leaf on the right hand side (circled) we can see it has a (5) vein pattern. The center leaf stem is not counted.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for opinons  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2