Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.

Article about: Here are the solid examples... Best regards, fischer

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.

Chaps

Are any of these original? I have no idea about badges, these are the only pics I have and how much would I expect to pay for them, any help appreciated

- - Updated - -

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

- - Updated - -

Cap badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf. 
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-11-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Badges

Pin badge, as a guess I think this is a fake due to the poor quality to the rear, but again just a guess
    Attached Images Attached Images Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf. 
    Ben

Look at the poor quality of the runes...by the way, weren't these made with black enamel? I'll give this one a thumbs down...But I'd like to hear opinions on the other 3 badges!
    Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 08-11-2012 at 09:33 PM.

The SS pin has the kiss of death "coffin pin" on the back = no good
    Am not seeing any instant red flags on the Infantry or the Panzer badges. Prices vary, of course, but I wouldnt stray too far from the hundred dollar mark on the Infantry and would max out at closer to 2 on the Panzer. No clue on the little tankers skull-can't make out enough details from the photo.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes the SS FM one is definitely bad, the coffin back pin is a dead give-away.
    Thanks, Glen.

Hello

The IAB is a fake based on the MK / FZS series of badges. These have been found in both silver and bronze grades with some artificially aged.

Best Regards, fischer

Many thanks guys so far, it looking like the lot could be bad
    Ben

?

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hello

The IAB is a fake based on the MK / FZS series of badges. These have been found in both silver and bronze grades with some artificially aged.

Best Regards, fischer
    Hi Fischer,

Any points to look for on these badges when evaluating them? What identifies this one as a fake?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeicjhen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.

Hi Ben,

I would trust Fischer's valued opinion on the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, the Panzer I'm not sure about.

The SS pin is a fake as the guys have said and the totenkopf looks OK but might be worth posting it in the uniforms section.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Fischer,

Any points to look for on these badges when evaluating them? What identifies this one as a fake?
    Hi Adrian

I have saved several examples of this one in my files and have studied one. The base metal is the first sign. It is a bronzed colored type of material and completely different from zinc or tombak.
    They are often found artificially aged showing a white scale deposit left on the surface.

It can be found in both hollow and solid types with various types of hardware set ups. Recently one was discovered made from solid aluminum and another from brass.
    There is also a die flaw that replicates on these including the one posted here.

Here are some examples with the first showing the die flaw.

Best Regards, fischer

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.Attachment 382249Attachment 382250Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzer Kampfabzeichen, SS pin & Panzer Totenkopf.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast