Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Real or Fake?

Article about: Marked R S on the back. Thanks / Erik

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Real or Fake?

Marked R S on the back. Thanks / Erik
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-14-2016 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Thumbs down

I don't like it. But I could be wrong.

MAP
    ?

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    I don't like it. But I could be wrong.
    And the reason being??? No offense but saying "not liking" it doesn't help.

Looks like an original relic to me. While reverse catch and pin are gone, the hinge base area and font are correct to me
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    And the reason being??? No offense but saying "not liking" it doesn't help.

Looks like an original relic to me. While reverse catch and pin are gone, the hinge base area and font are correct to me
    Many people put 'I don't like it' when people ask about items, so I'm not the only one, I didn't like it due to the wings, they looked off, lacking detail, but I'm young so I'll learn, just put forward what i thought, sorry about that MAP, I'll refrain next time, until I know my stuff well enough, have you got any good webpages where it will show the differences between real IABs and fake ones, as I'd like to know for myself and as lots of people ask about them on here, so i'd like to help?

MAP
    ?

I know. Many people do say that, even experienced collectors ( sometimes for good reason to avoid pointing out flaws unknown to fakers) but most of the time people say it out of laziness or ignorance.

Don't be afraid to state your opinion. It's a learning process. You might be right or you might be wrong, but as long as you show you are studying, and learning you will be alright.

Go to B&D publishing. And get the IAB book. Worth every penny. But read and study the threads here. Fischer, Stewy and Ned are the pros. Listen and learn from them

The Infantry Assault Badges - B&D Publishing LLC
    Last edited by MAP; 08-14-2016 at 07:21 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I know. Many people do say that, even experienced collectors ( sometimes for good reason to avoid pointing out flaws unknown to fakers) but most of the time people say it out of laziness or ignorance.

Don't be afraid to state your opinion. It's a learning process. You might be right or you might be wrong, but as long as you show you are studying, and learning you will alright.

Go to bender publishing. And get the IAB book. Worth every penny.
    I'm selling some things soon so I'll do that along with getting For Fuhrer and Fatherland, both civil and military! I'm enjoying learning and want to polish up my spotting of fake VS real so i can help people. Cheers MAP for understanding

A quick forum search works wonders, it amazes me how many people never think of using it as the resources on this forum are extremely good, and it's FREE!!! Then again, laziness is another factor at times....

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Fake???

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    A quick forum search works wonders, it amazes me how many people never think of using it as the resources on this forum are extremely good, and it's FREE!!! Then again, laziness is another factor at times....

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Fake???

Regards, Ned.
    Cheers for the link ned, seen the thread but didn't have enough time to have a proper gander, I'll use it til i can get a ref book.

?

To me the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen looks like a nice relic. Not in the best state for most collectors, but I like these relics. And speaking for myself, I am still learning about the abzeichen and medailles and spotting the fakes. The search engine on this forum has helped me many times and is a great resource

Learn your lesson son, and make the time in future before you give out duff gen that will influence a potential buyer not to bother, or an owner to bin an original piece on your word. I remember a few years back a superb example of a genuine DKiS being shown here for appraisal that was available to the guy for a very low price. Before I got a chance to see it it had been roundly condemned by some members who should know better, as a fake. When I eventually saw it, and confirmed it as a perfectly original cross, the chap had missed his opportunity to get what was a stunningly conditioned award. Not a good day all around, and not a word of apology from the members who where so quick to write it off either...

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast