Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Real or Fake?

Article about: Marked R S on the back. Thanks / Erik

Quote by Eriksavast View Post
    Marked R S on the back. Thanks / Erik
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Original period Rudolf Souval in ground dug condition. With the small makers mark, including the progressive die flaw IMO. Stewy

MAP
    ?

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    Cheers for the link ned, seen the thread but didn't have enough time to have a proper gander, I'll use it til i can get a ref book.
    books are essential but only half the story. They are written at a point in time and as we continue to uncover more and more, the need for the forums becomes paramount. So study the threads here as well as purchasing good reference books.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

original relic.

Hello All

I too, believe the ISA in question is an original Rudolf Souval.

That said, I can see why HetzersGonnaHetz would question this example.
    Solid zinc Assault Badges are so well faked these days, establishing authenticity using pics or scans can be difficult.
    This is especially true for ground dug or relic condition badges as the details are often pitted or completely missing.
    As opinions were requested, HetzersGonnaHetz gave his along with the disclaimer it could be incorrect. Nothing wrong with this.

My Opinion: It is an original Souval ISA but because of condition, this example has little to no collector value.

Best Regards, fischer

PS> I would be careful with the ISA book recommended here.
    It does have nice pictures, but some of the information is incorrect and has established fakes shown as originals.

Hopefully Fischer, old mate there'll be a new book soon. Stewy

Du verkar ha fått grönt ljus på denna

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Du verkar ha fått grönt ljus på denna
    Not sure what that says in English. It must be positive though because there's a "thumbs up". Kind regards, Stewy

MAP
    ?

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hello All

I too, believe the ISA in question is an original Rudolf Souval.

That said, I can see why HetzersGonnaHetz would question this example.
    Solid zinc Assault Badges are so well faked these days, establishing authenticity using pics or scans can be difficult.
    This is especially true for ground dug or relic condition badges as the details are often pitted or completely missing.
    As opinions were requested, HetzersGonnaHetz gave his along with the disclaimer it could be incorrect. Nothing wrong with this.

My Opinion: It is an original Souval ISA but because of condition, this example has little to no collector value.

Best Regards, fischer

PS> I would be careful with the ISA book recommended here.
    It does have nice pictures, but some of the information is incorrect and has established fakes shown as originals.
    Fischer,

Thanks for this information. Anything you wish to highlight so I can make note of them? As I noted in an earlier post, books are a point in time, I should have added...."not always correct" as well. LoL

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Hopefully Fischer, old mate there'll be a new book soon. Stewy
    I hope so too!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Not sure what that says in English. It must be positive though because there's a "thumbs up". Kind regards, Stewy
    It means that he seems to get the green light from you guys
    Just playing around with my fellow Swede here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast