Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, real or fake?

Article about: Good evening, I have the opportunity to purchase a decent little collection of assault badges and wound badges, but I am relatively ignorant when it comes to German badges, etc. I will try t

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, real or fake?

Good evening,

I have the opportunity to purchase a decent little collection of assault badges and wound badges, but I am relatively ignorant when it comes to German badges, etc. I will try to list them in the correct forum/thread. I feel somewhat comfortable with this one based on internet research, but would appreciate the wisdom and opinions of forum members. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, real or fake?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, real or fake?  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, real or fake?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, real or fake?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a cast copy of a Ferdinand Wiedmann. Look at the last photo with the catch. You can see the casting lines along the edge.
    Last edited by MAP; 11-20-2019 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Typo - casting, not casing
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm inclined to agree with Michael but, with these small photos, it is difficult to tell.
    You can compare with my example here, the hinge is different but compare the badge details.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2
    These can be found with this maker's mark and a wrap around hinge.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)