MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze

Article about: Any body know if these are rare or common medals with the rivets on the back seems made of bronze i believe its original

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronzeInfanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronzeInfanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronzeInfanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronzeInfanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze Any body know if these are rare or common medals with the rivets on the back seems made of bronze i believe its original
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-28-2015 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze
    P
    Many

A combat award does nt belong in the Non Combat Organization Forum. I have move your post to the Infantrie Sturmabzeichen Forum in the Orders and Decorations Forum where it will get the proper responses.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi FOBC,

This is a fake IAB. Note the eagles head that's off and the oversize rivets on the bayonet handle compared to an original below. The reverse hardware also has problems.

Regards, Ned.

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronzeInfanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Indeed a fake. I only have a silver four rivet, my mate Fisher has a bronze original. Stewy

but I must say the detailing on it is better than the originals I think it might have fooled me a few years ago.

?

THANKS for all the info guys i seen the rivets were different was thinking another manf? any way guess i got screwed live and learn im learning the hard way again thanks for all your help

It's happened to most of us at sometime so don't be disheartened. And don't bin the badge either, keep it to remind you, and always try an get your proposed purchases vetted here first next time. The forum is here to help, and that way it should all be gravy from now on.....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi FOBC

I can only agree with what Ned, et al has stated here...the so-called 4-Rivet fake.

This obverse design seems to be a favorite with the fakers and multiple hardware set ups used with this facade.

Here are some of the other variations of the 4-Rivet fake.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze  

These are even found with maker marks applied....trying to add some legitimacy to it.

Here is a 4-Rivet fake with a cloverleaf BSW stamped maker mark into the reverse.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen rivet rarity? bronze