Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, 107, Carl Wild

Article about: Thanks Adrian! Ralph.

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, 107, Carl Wild

Thanks Adrian!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, 107, Carl Wild
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph

Another fine catch, congrats my friend.

There is not much information on the C. Wild Infanterie Sturmabzeichen around except for the comments about it's unshapely head.
    I have four examples and all are silver grade. They appear more of an off white color than silver. Yours looks to be more silver/gray in color. I look forward to seeing your scans upon it's arrival.

Hardware is another area of recent discoveries and until recently thought there were only two different hinge set ups. The first type hinge plate is cut to fit inside the raised hinge guide lines. The second (your example) has a standard rectangular shaped hinge plate and was just soldered in place.

Recently one with a type of barrel hinge has been found in use. The same reverse die appears to have been used on all three of these.

Another rarity among the CW family is the bronze grade examples. I have only seen a couple of these over the years and like the barrel hinge is still on my "wants list".

Cheers...

Best Regards, fischer

Thanks fischer!
    I believe that the one that Stewy has posted is an example of the fitted hinge plate.
    Interesting about the one with the barrel hinge. I wish you luck in your search for the bronze grade and the barrel hinge. If I happen to see one, I will be sure to let you know.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As promised, here are some more photos.
    This badge still retains quite a bit of it's silver finish. It also appears to have a fitted hinge, just has too much solder so that you can not see it properly.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, 107, Carl Wild   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, 107, Carl Wild  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, 107, Carl Wild   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, 107, Carl Wild  

Thanks for the extra pics Ralph...I agree it does look to have the fitted hinge.

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Very nice badges guys, Stewy, does your have a misformed beak?
    Yes Ade,it does. Stewy

Hello there,

Textbook CW badges!

William Kramer

Quote by all1knew View Post
    Hello there,

Textbook CW badges!

William Kramer
    Thank you William!
    Ralph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2