Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber

Article about: Hi Guys, I just picked up this badge yesterday, Its number 13 in my Infanterie Sturmabzeichen collection! Its getting a little out of hand! Anyway do to a increasingly busy schedule I don't

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber

Hi Guys,

I just picked up this badge yesterday, Its number 13 in my Infanterie Sturmabzeichen collection! Its getting a little out of hand!

Anyway do to a increasingly busy schedule I don't have a lot of time to research this one. Its looks very familiar to me but good or bad I just can't seem to find the maker. As always any help with maker identification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kirby Bletcher
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

Hello Kirby

This one is considered to be part of the Vienna Design family of IAB's.
    This is due to the obverse design which closely resembles several of the maker marked IAB's from the Vienna area.

There are several unmarked variations of this design with different hardware set ups, reverse die styles, etc.

Yours is referred to as the semi-hollow rifle example with the sheet metal hinge hardware.

The badge pin has an almost "chromey" appearance and the badge is dark, but I think this has more to do with your picture settings than what the badge actually looks like.

Here is my example to compare.

Best Regards, fischer

PS. Congrats on your 13th example!
    Trust me, it gets WAY more out of hand ;-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  

Hi Fischer,

When I bought this badge I was almost positive I had another in my collection. When it arrived and I started comparing it to the others I realized I was incorrect. Fortunately, we on this forum are blessed to have a member that knows these badges inside and out! Your posts are always very educational and complete! Thank you very much for taking time to share your example and for the information on the maker.

I hope someday you put all that knowledge you have into a book!

Your right about my photos, they have been pretty bad! I built a new light box and its just not as good as my old one. I'm having issues with lighting and I have been doing my best to correct the problem sing Photoshop but as you can see its had a negative effect on the color.

As a custom knifemaker its very important to me to take the best photos I can. I have always used some sort of light box and only had so/so results. I was at a high end knife show a few years ago and there was a well known knife photographer at the show taking photos of other makers knives. He was not using a light box, all he used was a few small mirrors, lights and various background patterns. I have to be able to reproduce his set up.

If you don't mind me asking I would love to see how you take your photos?

Thanks again for the help!

Kirby

Hello Kirby,
    Most, if not all of fischer's photos are done on a scanner.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

that's nice.

Hi Kirby

Ralph is correct, I use an Epson 1670 scanner for most of my images.
    I like the clarity one gets using this type of scanner for metals.

Best Regards, fischer

For close-ups, I use a Veho USB Microscope.

Best Regards, fischer

PS> Thank you for the compliments; hopefully a reference work will come to fruition in the next year or two. ;-)

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  

I would have never guessed a scanner.

I have taken some photo's through my stereo boom microscope with some success. Its something else I would like to explore some more.

Thanks again for the help gentleman and happy collecting!

Kirby