Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

infanterie sturmabzeichen silber

Article about: Hy guys, Here are pictures of my very first infanterie sturmabzeichen. It looked very nice to me so I bought it! I hope for once I don't post pictures of an ugly copy...

Default infanterie sturmabzeichen silber

Hy guys,

Here are pictures of my very first infanterie sturmabzeichen. It looked very nice to me so I bought it! I hope for once I don't post pictures of an ugly copy...

infanterie sturmabzeichen silberinfanterie sturmabzeichen silberinfanterie sturmabzeichen silberinfanterie sturmabzeichen silber

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement infanterie sturmabzeichen silber
    P
    Many

so, is it a fake one?

It looks legit to me, I think these may have been mid war transitional badges, but best wait for fischer, Ralph or Stewy to take a look.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Do the three dots in the middle that look like a clover signify something Ned?

Quote by avenger View Post
    Do the three dots in the middle that look like a clover signify something Ned?
    Hi Scott,

It's double maker marked, look carefully and you'll see it's also stamped FLL in the three incuse 'dots'. Why it was done like this I don't know, but it's what made me think it might be a transitional badge, as sometimes you see things like this occurring then. More likely though I'm barking up the wrong tree so best wait for fischer et al to come up with the proper skinny.....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I see it now that you mention it. It's really faint in the circles, but of course those match the circles on the FLL up top. Interesting.

Hello Scott

Ned is correct and this is an original double marked FLL example with a crimped in hinge and soldered "?" style catch.

I will comment further tomorrow about these examples tomorrow when time permits.

Bets Regards, fischer

Thank you for your enlightening comments.

Indeed, I was surprised too about those "double marks", seemed to me like the one in the middle was not clear enough so a second one more readable has been done...
    I feel reassured it's a good one, that's what I though but I was looking for your expert opinion to confirm. Even after watching many posts in the forum, other pictures on the Internet and my Detlev catalog I was not sure.

best regards, Vitezef

Hello Vitezef

Your example is what I consider a transitional FLL ISA situated between the Friedrich Linden solid zinc example with both the "L" shaped hinge and catch with a cylindrical peg, crimped into place and a hollow zinc Linden Design having the same "L" shaped catch directly soldered to the reverse. Use of this catch (that was clearly made for a solid) is just another example of efficiency during times of material shortages.

Again, your example has the crimped in hinge but, the catch is the "?" style soldered in place. My thinking is something must have went wrong with the catch crimping apparatus and necessitated a change to the tried and true method of soldering the hardware in place.

As for the double marking, it probably comes from the use of two different reverse dies. The stamped in FLL mark was part of the crimping die for the hinge and the raised FLL mark most likely a part of the reverse die used for the soldered catch reverse.

First, here is the fully crimped in example. Notice it only has the center positioned FLL stamped in marking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture infanterie sturmabzeichen silber   infanterie sturmabzeichen silber  

Second, here is my double marked, crimped hinge - soldered "?" catch example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture infanterie sturmabzeichen silber   infanterie sturmabzeichen silber  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast