Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.

Article about: A new addition to my IAB collection. This one is attributed to Alois Rettenmaier. This one suffers a little from zinc pest but still retains most of the silver finish. These are not seen for

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.

A new addition to my IAB collection.
    This one is attributed to Alois Rettenmaier. This one has lost a little of the finish on the obverse but still retains most of the silver finish. These are not seen for sale that often.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.  
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-22-2014 at 03:38 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph

A very nice "Broken Stem" ISA you have found, congrats on adding this one to your collection...
    As you state, the Broken Stem examples have recently been attributed to the firm of Alois Rettenmaier.

Some Background
    A horde was unearthed in an old LDO retail shop located in southern Germany near the Austrian boarder.
    The find contained several badges still packaged in the LDO cellophane wrappers; some badges were marked L/59 or 16 for Rettenmaier.
    As we know L/59 is the Leistungsgemeinschaft der Deutschen Ordenshersteller number and 16 the Präsidialkanzlei Lieferant number for Rettenmaier.

The discovery also included this unmarked Broken Stem ISA. (see attachment)

Also contained in the find was an order form dated 22.7.1944 listing the badges this small LDO shop had requested "factory direct" from the firm of Alois Rettenmaier. On this list was an order for ISA's.
    This is how attribution to Rettenmaier came about.

These are very strong findings but because the ISA is unmarked, my opinion is, attribution for the Broken Stem ISA is probable, but not conclusive.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

There are several variations of the Broken Stem ISA with hinge base shapes, different style catch/catch plates and even a screwback with an oddly shaped marking stamped into the reverse. There are flat-back, highly vaulted and one type with a recess down the center of the Kar98k reverse.

In regards to rarity, I am of the opinion that whoever produced the Broken Stem examples had a large production run. I base this by the amount of examples still around today.

Congrats again Ralph!

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.  

Thank you fischer!
    As always, a pleasure to read your comments and information. There are few who have the knowledge in this field that you do.
    Was your bronze example actually found in that cellophane? A shame about the missing finish on the obverse.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

v/nice.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    v/nice.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.

Great badge Ralph - Congrats ! - Excellent
    photography too.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Great badge Ralph - Congrats ! - Excellent
    photography too.........!
    Thanks Steve!
    Well, second display case is almost full. Almost time to start building another.
    Ralph.

Here's a bronze variant. One you don't encounter every day. Stewy

Quote by rbminis View Post
    )
    Was your bronze example actually found in that cellophane? A shame about the missing finish on the obverse.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph

First, the LDO ISA set found in the horde is not mine.

Yes, this Broken Stem ISA was found inside the LDO envelope.
    Here is a Drivers Badge still inside it's LDO cellophane packet.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.  

Hi Ralph

Not associated with this particular Horde Find, but nice just the same.

Here is my Broken Stem / LDO packet set.

Best Regards, fischer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast