Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assmann 4

Article about: Hello All, arriving in a bundle of Ex Vet items was this late Assmann attributed reverse die 4 Assault badge. All the ones I have seen of these seem to be in pretty good condition. I assume

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assmann 4

Hello All,
    arriving in a bundle of Ex Vet items was this late Assmann attributed reverse die 4 Assault badge.
    All the ones I have seen of these seem to be in pretty good condition.
    I assume they were picked up by the bucket full by our old soldiers.
    Is there any evidence that this particular badge was also available in Bronze?

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assmann 4Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assmann 4

All the best
    Doug
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-20-2015 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assmann 4
    P
    Many

A nice Assmann 4. Typical die injected mould. I'm fairly sure Assmann 4's were made in bronze too. Fischer is the man to ask, I think he has one (at least). Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    A nice Assmann 4. Typical die injected mould. I'm fairly sure Assmann 4's were made in bronze too. Fischer is the man to ask, I think he has one (at least). Stewy
    I agree with my mate Stewy...a nice injection molded "4" Assmann.

The numbers (1-4) are thought to represent which impression cavity in the mold the ISA came from.

And, yes both silver and bronze variations were produced.
    Here is my Assmann 4 in bronze.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assmann 4   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assmann 4  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assmann 4  

Your hardware setup being completely different is not a concern?

Hardware's the same, it's just the lighting/angle of the pic's I think Glenn.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think you're right Ned, on closer examination fischer's catch is indeed cast as per Doug's example.

That bronze badge is a beauty fischer. The colour really pulls the details out.
    Thanks for taking the time to post it.
    They do hold their finish quite well.
    All the best
    Doug

that's a nice one and the bronze one too.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I think you're right Ned, on closer examination fischer's catch is indeed cast as per Doug's example.
    Hi Glenn

The hardware on all of the injection molded Assmann ISA's use an Integral Hinge and Catch system and we see this on both of these "4" marked examples.
    But, there is variation in the type of Badge Pin encountered on these numbered 1- 4 molded Assmann's.

On the "4" marked examples posted here we see the "T" shaped - soldered badge-hinge pin / with tension foot (this foot can be seen in Saladin's reverse pic).
    There is also a second type of badge pin...the more common "Shepherd's Hook" style pin we see in use on my silver grade "3" posted below.

So, if one were to collect all of the 1 thru 4 Assmann series (1-4 Silver and 1-4 Bronze, Soldered "T" pin and Shepherd's Hook pin) one would have a total of 16 variations of the Injection Molded Assmann ISA.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assmann 4   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Assmann 4