Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber autnenticity

Article about: Hello all, Came across this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber with document. There are no makers marks as far as I was told. The same person was awarded a EKII with award document too. I w

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber autnenticity

Hello all,

Came across this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber with document. There are no makers marks as far as I was told. The same person was awarded a EKII with award document too. I would appreciate any comments on the authenticity?

Also according to the person, these were brought by his father who served as an interrogator during and after wwii.

Thanks in advance.

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber autnenticityInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber autnenticityInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber autnenticity

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber autnenticity
    P
    Many

EK II, Krim shield, Ostmedaille and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, all award documents are for $500. If the medals and documents are autnenticity, from what I can see around the Internet, that's a pretty good deal

The IAB is a good zinc badge attributed to S&L with a variant oval hinge set up. The hinge guidlines show this was originally designed for use with a different set up, probably the barrel hinge that they often used, but it appears they may have run short of these and gone back to fitting the older oval hinge that is seen on many of their early war badges. Nice to see this uncommon set up.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree with Ned.
    Although the document is for a silver grade and I believe this IAB is a bronze grade, or very heavily tarnished.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I agree with Ned.
    Although the document is for a silver grade and I believe this IAB is a bronze grade, or very heavily tarnished.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph,

I see where you're coming from on thinking this one is bronze, I thought the same initially, but having had a look around at S&L zinc badges the silver ones are often heavily tarnished like this and do appear to be bronze. However, looking at the reverse I think that this one is actually silver. Here's an example of a similar conditioned badge with the same set up that has been confirmed as being a silver type.

Regards, Ned.

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber autnenticity Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber autnenticity
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

a silver to me too.

A silver S&L for me too. Doc seems ok but better scans would help with that one. Stewy

Stewy,

This is the best the seller could do

Thanks.

Quote by big ned View Post
    The IAB is a good zinc badge attributed to S&L with a variant oval hinge set up. The hinge guidlines show this was originally designed for use with a different set up, probably the barrel hinge that they often used, but it appears they may have run short of these and gone back to fitting the older oval hinge that is seen on many of their early war badges. Nice to see this uncommon set up.

Regards, Ned.
    Hello

Ned summed this one up perfectly and I agree with his analysis.

I too, believe this attributed Steinhauer & Luck with it's raised guide lines was intended for the long barrel hinge and the oblong shaped catch plate.
    As Ned states, one possibility is the hardware supplier ran short of the barrel hinge and S&L had to revert back to the oval hinge and round catch plate we see here. Another possibility, the barrel hinge set up was not available when this badge went into production and this alternative set up was used temporarily....we can only speculate as to the reason.

I do like the doc as well...in regards to rarity, it is the most common type encountered but appears to be in great shape.

I also think this one is a silver grade that has a brassy colored coating over the base zinc. This was applied before the silver finish.
    See the circled area where the finish has worn away and the brassy undercoating shows through.
    And, here is my oval example that has this same undercoating to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber autnenticity   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber autnenticity  

And for discussion purposes, here is a barrel hinge hardware on this example.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber autnenticity   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber autnenticity  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast