Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2

Article about: This is not a new addition, but, since posting my other one, I thought I would post this one as well. Ralph. And something I found unusual but have been told that this is somewhat common on

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2

This is not a new addition, but, since posting my other one, I thought I would post this one as well.
    Ralph.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2
    And something I found unusual but have been told that this is somewhat common on these examples.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann #2

Interesting and attractive...looks like the metal shaving slipped through quality control...It certainly adds uniqueness! Well done!
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Great badge you got there and with a nice finish to

Quote by eraser619 View Post
    Great badge you got there and with a nice finish to
    Thanks Wim!
    One of your favorite makers?
    Ralph.

Yes youre spot on there

Hi Ralph

Another lovely addition, congrats on acquiring this very nice E. Ferd Wiedmann example.

I consider these mm "Lily Pad" hinge variants a late war badge, coming towards the end of the Wiedmann Infanterie Sturmabzeichen production progression.
    If you compare it to your other unmarked variant, you will find the lily pad badge is thinner and the details; depth of the recesses are not as pronounced.
    You will also find the 4R leaf outline varies between these two.

Another point about the unmarked example; are these truly Wiedmann products? They do match the L/51 marked examples perfectly, including the hardware set up. Possibly, they were made for someone else? Maybe the unmarked examples went straight to the troops with the L/51 marked badges going to the LDO retail outlets?

Sorry to go off on a tangent, thinking out loud ;-)

Another nice addition to your growing collection Ralph, congrats again!

Best regards, fischer

Thanks fischer!
    Now I will have to compare the 4R leaves to each other.
    Unfortunately, you will have a better chance of answering those other questions than I.
    Ralph.