Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber Hollow

Article about: Hi there Looking to purchase a hollow (possibly tombak) Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber and have found this for sale at a very reasonable price. I have been trying to identify a maker bu

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber Hollow

Hi there

Looking to purchase a hollow (possibly tombak) Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber and have found this for sale at a very reasonable price. I have been trying to identify a maker but so far have found no confident matches, although I will keep looking.

Thinking along the lines of a Weidmann maybe?

Cheers
    Cameron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber Hollow   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber Hollow  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber Hollow   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber Hollow  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber Hollow
    P
    Many

Hi Cam,

It looks like an early hollow FLL IAB in feinzink, the later hollow production having a variety of different rear set ups, quite highly vaulted in comparison, and being made from pot metal. It has wear on the high spots of the obverse side that look unnatural to me, as if the badge has been mechanically polished or linished at some time.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned

Cheers for your knowledgeable and prompt response as ever! Only looking for a tombak example so back to the search.

Thanks
    Cameron

Quote by Cameron Stockton View Post
    Hi Ned

Cheers for your knowledgeable and prompt response as ever! Only looking for a tombak example so back to the search.

Thanks
    Cameron
    No problemo mate. From what's known, FLL only made a small initial run of these badges in Nickel Silver before turning to feinzink. They were apparently never made in tombak, but I understand that the maker doesn't matter and the concern is for a nice tombak piece although these do carry a premium price. Good luck in your quest amigo!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Mario is ok to buy from. It's about the right price for one of these

Hello Cameron

I agree with the others and this is an Friedrich Linden, Lüdenscheid design hollow ISA in zinc.

There are actually three (3) zinc hollows with slight obverse design differences and multiple hardware set ups.

And one time I thought this particular hollow example was the earliest of the three FLL zinc hollows. This opinion was based on the block hinge hardware and the cut out between the swazy/Kar98k.
    I'm now of the opinion that we are not sure which one was produced first. Possibly all were produced at the same time...without solid proof we can only speculate.
    I also agree with Ned and this one appears to have been polished at some point.

Below is the easiest way to tell the three types apart. Notice all have the Block hinge hardware.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber Hollow