Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from Lt. Victor E. Gibson Dachau Horde

Article about: Thank you all for viewing this item, and again I apologise for my lack of quality photos. I share this with you as a historical example, like so my others who share their knowledge on this s

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from Lt. Victor E. Gibson Dachau Horde

Thank you all for viewing this item, and again I apologise for my lack of quality photos. I share this with you as a historical example, like so my others who share their knowledge on this site, FB, Adrian, Glenn, to name a small few, sorry I can not name all of you. Again this is one from the Dachau collection, Lt. Victor E. Gibson. Thanks to all for your priceless knowledge! Happy New Year! And as we always said in my family, Gruss Gott!.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from Lt. Victor E. Gibson Dachau Horde   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from Lt. Victor E. Gibson Dachau Horde  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from Lt. Victor E. Gibson Dachau Horde   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from Lt. Victor E. Gibson Dachau Horde  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from Lt. Victor E. Gibson Dachau Horde   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from Lt. Victor E. Gibson Dachau Horde  

Last edited by rbminis; 01-03-2017 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from Lt. Victor E. Gibson Dachau Horde
    P
    Many

A not often seen Vienna design ISA. I'd like a better look at the hardware on this, if possible. Stewy

Sorry for my late response Stewy, unfortunately these are the only pics I can post at the moment, my digital camera is so old school it would be a waste of everyones time to keep taking pictures. This item will be out of my hands within a few days, it will be going to Espenlaub Militaria. For reference sake I can check my Ipad to see if I have better photos. I do not usually sell my items, I am a collector, but I have the chance to pick up a piece I have wanted for a long time, so this badge will be out of my collection soon. I just wanted to post this for reference sake to all the good people on this site who have done the same and educated so many. Thank you for responding and your time.

I agree with Stewy's assessment of the Vienna Design ISA.

This example is referred to as the Hollow Rifle variant and displays the intended hardware set-up.
    The Vienna Hollow Rifle can also be found with a round catch plate and barrel hinge.

The poor quality pics make it difficult to see all the details; the catch might have been repaired.

Here is my bronze example to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from Lt. Victor E. Gibson Dachau Horde   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from Lt. Victor E. Gibson Dachau Horde  

And the silver grade...

Best Regards, fischer

You're right about the catch Fischer, old mate. Stewy

I really appreciate everyone's input and knowledge and apologise for the very poor pictures. I am not an expert in TR medals or detailed photography. Stewy and Fischer, thank you for your vast knowledge. Posting the pictures is for historical sake and I hope it can be used down the road for those who care. This item will be out of my hands soon and I hope it will be posted with better detail for individuals with a greater grasp on such things. Gruss Gott!